Neville Company - Terrible Management

I rented from a local Burlington landlord for about 3 years. He was a very nice guy and only had one property, which was our building. It is an old historic building that was renovated into apartments. I moved there because it allowed dogs and it was within walking distance of UVM where I worked. Burlington as a whole does not have a lot of good housing and it is overpriced and crowded. This place is in a quiet residential area. Hence I stayed. Midway in 2010, the landlord sold the property to Neville Company. They immediately started ripping up the parking lot. It was a huge production but we could not get in or out. There was no parking on the street. This horror started in the summer and continued all the way till I finally moved out, 7 months later. It was still not done. The crew was messy and gross. In addition, they started ripping up walls inside the building. This started in the summer but had not finished by fall or winter. One day I came home to find a massive hole in my bedroom, letting in the snow and guys hacking away on the roof. The management did nothing to fix this. They did not provide alternate housing or anything. In fact, they raised the rent while doing all this. everyone in the building started moving out - this included long-term peaceful residents. For me it was a nightmare. I had been a great resident and the landlord really liked me. Having to deal with that *** was just unbelievable. I am sure they broke every possible law you have regarding tenants and housing. But they did not care one bit. They had this woman in charge who kept making up new rules every week. I thankfully did not have to deal with her much until the end when I left. They were completely unreasonable and it was easy to see why no one stayed. Management - the word itself cannot be applied. It was just a bunch of overweight guys doing whatever they want and drinking at times on site as well. It was impossible to live there and get anything done. During the entire 7 months I was there and endured that ***, they made no concessions. They did not offer any way to make up for all the loud noise, the lack of parking all of a sudden, the destruction to living spaces or anything. This company as other companies in Vermont, has zero accountability.
ID
Burlington, Vermont
Service
Neville Apartment Rental
Cons
  • Unsafe environment
  • Unprofessionalism
  • Lack of management
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article