Chris D Wfl
map-marker Martinsville, Virginia

Oil pan leak and front alignment off 2016 f-350

Bought new 2016 f-350 and 12,000 miles oil leaking from oil pan. Had repaired at dealership and 4,000 miles later leaking again. Had repaired 2nd time at another dealership and they made worse. Also front alignment would wear right front tire out at 5,000 miles. Had lined up 3 times and nobody could correct problem. I paid 54,000.00 for this truck and it was nightmare for me. Felt like such a fool. Ford would not refund or send me another truck. Just kept sending me to dealerships where nobody could fix the problem they created. I can't believe what ford done to me. I have been a Ford customer all my life but never again will I buy or recommend Ford. I hope it catches them up.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor quality
Reason of review:
Bad quality
Guest

My wife also has a 2014 Ford Explorer and I change the oil on that vehicle. At 60,000 miles I noticed the bottom of engine was oil covered as well.

Evidently Ford is putting poor gaskets on all there vehicles. It is a shame when a person pays that much for a vehicle, and Ford cuts corners on a simple gasket. I feel it is my job to at least warn people of this poor quality that Ford is putting out and hopefully prevent some honest working person from wasting there money on *** because once you buy there vehicle Ford will not make it right. They are just going to send you to the dealership over and over again just to get you off there back.

That's what they done to me on my new 2016 F-350 and still never got the oil to stop leaking and would not replace truck or refund me. Do yourself a favor, buy anything but Ford!!

Chris D Wfl

I failed to say this was a 6.7 diesel in the 2016 f-350. I have traded this truck for a 3500 Chevrolet and it has been smooth sailing since then.

It cost me 10,000.00 to get in another truck that I shouldn't have had to spend if Ford would have done there job right the first time.

Ford uses silicon gaskets on there oil pan which I think is a bad design considering the undertaking it has to go through to replace it. That gasket has to be right, no cutting corners.

View more comments (1)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article