Can't seem to cancel

My 3-year contract with this company expired in summer of 2017 and I have been trying for the past couple of months to cancel but like others, their 800 number just goes straight to a voicemail and all you can do is leave a message (800-908-****). I also physically drove to their office headquarters at 6407 NE 117th Ave Ste B, Vancouver, WA 98662 on a Monday around 3 PM in early February/2018. I went up to the front door and there were no signs for operating hours or anything, it looked dark inside but the door was unlocked so I went in. The first floor was nothing but empty offices, there was not a single person in there yet their door was unlocked. I walked around their unattended office and looked into doors and still saw no one. In the middle of the building there was a stairwell leading down somewhere. I shouted out "Hello, is anyone there?" and I heard a faint response from someone downstairs. A person named Kyle appeared at the bottom of the stairs and asked what I was doing there. I told him I was an existing customer and I wanted to cancel since my contract expired and I hadn't actually even enabled the alarm in nearly 18 months. He said that their building doesn't service customers directly and I was the first customer to actually go to that building in 17 years. That seems absolutely ridiculous that a company wouldn't have a store front. I asked him how to cancel and he said the company requires a written letter requesting cancellation and he offered me a pen and paper pad right then and there. I told him I would write one up at home and email it to him and he said he would then "get it to the right people". I left the building, went home, wrote the letter, scanned it, and emailed it to Kyle using the address he had given me. For two weeks I heard nothing, no email response or anything so I decided to mail the cancellation letter to the building address I visited. I waited two weeks and nothing, no letter response, still no response to my initial email. They just billed me again yesterday. How do we cancel this?
ID
#1205189 Review #1205189 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Vancouver, Washington
Service
Nationwide Security Solutions Customer Care
Cons
  • No storefront
  • Phone response
  • Customer service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Cancel my service, come to my house and uninstall the security equipment, and do not bill me again

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article