There people are horrible and lie

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Had them for many years when owned by old owner. New owners are horrible. Been in house for 5 years. Had HVAC problems many times. Electric heat goes out every year. Both up and down units. The a/c units go out every year. Both up and down. They come out. Do not repair. Take your money and tell you they can't figure out the problem. They do replace the capacitor every trip. That's just a quick fix. Now they have blackballed me. Saying I refuse to do what they recommend. Omg. Don't you think I would do anything to get cold air or heat. Problem is they send the same guy out who can't figure out the problem. I asked for a supervisor but was refused. I would bring up how the old owner would not let this happen. A/ C out again today. No help. Bought a brand new interior system last year from Nations. Since they dropped me they don't honor that warranty either. This company was great under old owner. This new group is a bunch of ripoff con artists. I have a good friend that they just shafted him on plumbing. He wasted $900 for a warranty program. He cancelled immediately. STAY AWAY. SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Stay away

ID
#1411938 Review #1411938 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dallas, Texas
Service
Nations Home Warranty Homeowners Insurance
Pros
  • Old owners
Cons
  • New owners and service people
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Nations Warranty denies an already-approved simply claim

August 7, 2015. As a client of Nation's Home Warranty for now multiple years, I expected so much more out of their customer service than to be told I was essentially a liar and denied coverage on a simple home repair that had previously been approved. A $4 small part on an outdoor hose faucet vacuum breaker failed, rendering the faucet useless because water sprayed everywhere. I took the vacuum breaker to several plumbing stores, all of which said the part was part of a kit, and the entire assembly needed replacement. I relayed my findings to Nations and inquired if my warranty coverage extended to either replacing this $4 part, or the full assembly. Not sure, the lady had to go ask her manager and came back with good news that it would be covered. On the day of the scheduled fix things get really hazy. When no one was home, the plumber allegedly came to the house, and relayed to Nations the vacuum breaker had been removed from the faucet, which they well knew do to our conversation 2 days prior. Nations took the opportunity to immediately deny the claim, insisting I had voided the contract due to tampering, put my account on hold and demanded I pay the $60 visit fee from the plumber I never saw. Follow up conversation with Nations did not go well, the customer service lady was belligerent, rude, and chose to engage in a verbal jousting match of semantics instead of working the claim for her customer. I had heard stories like this from other sources, so I had always treaded very carefully with this company, giving them the benefit of the doubt. I am now their latest victim of bait/switch. I’ve dropped my contract with them, and they’ll need to pay the fee to their imaginary plumber. I will file / disclose across social media to help future potential clients make better informed decisions. BBB assigned case # 9134****.
Frisco, Texas
Cons
  • Customer service
Reason of review
Warranty issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Nations Home Warranty Lies to you and Scams You!

Sharon Harrison and Nations Home Warranty lies to you, Does not honor their word, Changes dates, Does not provide coverage, Has terrible customer service! I signed up for their warranty. I was told that coverage would start as soon as payment was received. It went through and was paid. I called the following Saturday and filed a claim. The lady I spoke with on Saturday told me no problem. I will call the contractor Monday and it will get fixed. On Monday they call and then tell me the Warranty does not start till the 1st of the month. I explained I was not told that, and when I filed the claim I Was told it would be taken care of. I called and asked to speak to President Sharon Harrison. She answered. She put it back on me, like I was an *** and did not understand. Bottom line is Sharon Harrison and Nation's Home Warranty will lie to you and scam you. They will lie and avoid coverage and paying Claims. The Online reviews of this company are terrible! I wish I would have read them first. The BBB review is bad!

It sounds as if you got the warranty because you already had problems. I hate to say this but, it sounds like you tried scamming them with pre existing conditions and you got what was coming to you. Im sure when you bought it you told them nothing was wrong which anyone with common sense reading this knows that was not the case.

@PissedConsumer849892

Buy your comments I assume you have had experience with this company. Are you just wethers people that have nothing better to do then reply to other people's issues.

It was not a pre-existing issue. Have you ever read the reviews for this company? Again what experience have you had with nations home warranty? Maybe you should get a life and mind your own business.

I less you had experience with this company did you need to Get a life. Mind your own business. It broke Saturday morning. Have you ever research this company?

Read the reviews? You obviously are unemployed, I registered sex offender, all of the above are just an *** that doesn't know when to mind your own business! There are over 135 complaints against this company.

Fraud Fighter? Fraud is being *** enough to comment on something you know nothing about!

View more comments (1)
Dallas, Texas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article