Heidi C Num

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Dublin, California

Dishonesty, change in price, deceiving

If I could I would give this company a zero. The experience started out good.

Debbie and Beatrice from Sales kept calling me and finally I was ready to make my booking. They were very pleasant but they deceived me. We had 2 moves, one from FL to TX and one from FL to GA. I gave a description of everything, made some additions and deletions and got a final price.

We thought it was a great price. UNTIL the changes happened. SO yesterday Josh the lead mover called me when he arrived at the house in Florida. He advised that there might a "worse case scenario" in the prices for the two moves.

WHAT? I thought the price was already determined. Well he started talking square footage and things that need to go this way and that way. So the move that was supposed to go to TX was supposed to be $1697.81.

Now Josh is telling me that move is now $2405.00,. That is an additional $707.19. WHAT? Now the move to GA was $4443.00 and now Josh is telling me it is going to cost $5090.00.

That is an addtional $647.00 . WHAT???

SO Josh was telling me about square footage and the way things fit in the truck and yada yada yada. He was very pleasant but I wasn't happy. THe price is the price.

And estimate can be off a little but over $2000.00 That is RIDICULOUS!

SO today I get an email from the dispatcher. The prices have changed again. SO I try and call Beatrice but cannot speak to her because her job is done and now she cant see my file so I speak with Erica who is in customer service. Well she wasn't able to help me and so she transferred me to the dispatcher, Sherry.

She went over both moves with me. I explained to her that Josh told me what the rate was. I have it written down in front of me. She said I don't have that price.

Well I said I do and that is what I was told. She said let me call Josh. She talked to Josh and she said that he said blah blah blah. Well you see where this is going.

I am very careful to write down prices of what I am told.

So now the TX price is 841.56 another almost $150.00 and the GA move is now over $1000.00 more. WHAT? How can you do business like this. I told her I had very few pieces and I could have rented a Uhaul and it would have cost me $1600.00 FLAT!!

Why would I pay double? Nearly double the price I was quoted.

Then she asked me if I lived in the house in FLorida?

What does that have to do with anything?

We went back and forth and she said she would have a supervisor call me. I doubt it!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Changed price
  • Lied
  • Dishonest

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY. THey are not forth coming and change the price.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article