National Movers are a huge, expensive SCAM

National Movers - National-moving.com moving scam Got scammed by this moving company http://www.national-moving.com/. I was in touch with a person named Raphael from national movers since September. He was a sales person and seemed trustworthy. Gave me a very low ball quote and sent over a binding quote with a max not to exceed. Told me it would be NO problem to go over, we could readjust anytime. Day of move no one shows up. I call and they say they are coming tomorrow - so I wait again all day (I am starting a new job in a new state, with a 3 day drive) and they show up at 8:30 p.m. In Wisconsin where it is pitch black and rainy and windy. It is October. 3 guys show up, asking for triple the quote for a few extra boxes. THEN cannot fit my stuff on the truck because they did a move prior to mine and it is taking up more room then estimated. I ended up leaving 1,000's of dollar of items behind. They would not stick to the binding quote. Called customer service, Natalie, and she was angry with me for making the guys late. Really? So i went ahead and let them pack up my stuff, thinking it could be resolved along the way. Boris, who was lead in the group was verbally abusive and threatening. It was myself, and my teen daughter - with three guys threatening. We are practically hysterical and he said we have your money either way because we have your credit card. They didn't show up for 10 days, then tell me i can only have cash for the final delivery - another thing I had arranged with both Raphael and Natalie. I did not have the cash (another $1700 on top of the $2200 already paid) so i am stuck with a redelivery charge. T When my items are finally delivered by a different trucking company (someone who was available to grab my stuff out of THEIR storage (which i was told was free, and it was not it was $100 a day) boxes were no longer labelled and were opened and resealed. The boxes had originally been inventoried and labelled each box. So may boxes, about 1/4 were not labelled and repacked. . The DOT transportation number is shared with several other transport companies and does not belong exclusively to this company So I was convinced by a good salesman who misrepresented the quote and delivery times/estimates. It seems these internet companies basically low ball the price initially to get your credit card numbers and authorization., then bid for truckers going along that route, and then when they show up its too late, you are trapped . Then the company holds your stuff up for ransom money.
ID
Phoenix, Arizona
Cons
  • Abusive
  • Fraudulent
  • Threatening
Reason of review
So many of the above - NO customer service, problem with delivery pricing issues, damaged items, problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

National-moving.com moving scam

Got scammed by this moving company http://www.national-moving.com/. I was in touch with a person named Natalie from national movers since March. . She told me she would be the contact person and seemed trustworthy. Gave me a low ball quote and sent over a binding quote with a max not to exceed. Day of move two movers show up asking for price for double the quote for the same inventory list- charging me 2000$ more than on initial estimate. Would not stick to the binding quote. It seems National Movers subcontracted with another trucking company . which does not respect it’s own binding quote . Tried calling natalie, she disappeared and was transferred to voice mails. I sent the truckers back. Then they blackmailed me that they have my credit card numbers and will charge me $500 in addition to the deposit I had already paid that will be forfeited. I was told initially that they have some DOT approved software and the quotes are accurate . This is scary : if the software overestimates you dont get the money back since the space is reserved on the truck . If underestimates you cannot turn back since they will charge deposit + 500$ extra for turning them back Then I get a call back for the trucking company that they will send a better crew the next day in morning - I explained I am leaving town in evening. They do not show up. They show up twelve and half hours later well after I already left the city. Hispanic guy shows up who was totally abusive telling my wife husband has already signed a contract.My wife was in tears. Two people show up and asked basically the double quote as the day before. My wife signs-up on the dotted line. Now the folks dont even know what they are doing . They pack liquid ant bait and used cockroach baits with the clothes . Even packs the door stopper !Simply wraps cellophane paper around the office furniture does not even check the drawers to pack what is inside. shoes packed with library books . As a result items fall off and are missing . I suspected this is a scam so last min I ask my wife to UPS me the financial documents since cannot trust this bag with the company. Now I get a call from company that delivery can take upto 21 business days when initially I was told 10 days for distance less than 1000 miles. Jennifer asks for extra 1500$ for 10 day delivery. I refused and called my credit card company to put up fraud alert. Called DOT and dallas Police. Dallas police say its a civil case and thus get a lawyer to investigate this first . Then one day I get a call from trucker that they want to charge me a redelivery fee when they havent even attempted delivery. I tell them I have renters policy anyway so I am not paying anything and will report this as stolen. Next I start getting threatening calls from company to pay up since had put a credit card fraud alert. . Finally they agree to deliver since they realized they wont get any more money out of me. Delivery they dont even have any process. When I moved in past with mayflower or united we inventoried and labelled each box. This company does not have any process. They simply unloaded the boxes and have no process of tallying the bill of lading - some items are missing . I decided to investigate this company : website says national-moving.com based in multiple cities with main address in Dallas . I drove to Dallas since was curious : Its a warehouse . Some dude is running this company in a basement there is no exclusive office for national movers. I called the AAA office to verify if this was really a AAA accredited company. But they could not find a company on their list either. Natalie has disappeared. Called aarp - company is not approved either The DOT transportation number is shared with several other transport companies and does not belong exclusively to this company . Even the final receipt is from orange van lines and not national - was told this is a 'sister company' No exclusive physical office though website claims multiple cities I do not know if I will get my stuff, ever. Never go with an internet quote. Always have an in-person estimate from a reputable moving company like United or North American Van Lines who have their own physical offices and trucks so at least you have due process. These internet companies subcontract with truckers and its not binding for them to accept their own quote and no rules of law as cross state lines and no physical office. Their pattern is all the same Sweet talking rep who misrepresents the quote and delivery times/estimates. It seems these internet companies basically low ball the price initially to get your credit card numbers and authorization., then bid for truckers going along that route, and then when they show up its too late , you are trapped . Then the company holds your stuff up for ransom money. This is exactly what happened to me :https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2004/march/moving_031604

These guys were the WORST. Same thing happened to me, and I cannot tell you how much stuff is gone, broken items, irreplaceable.

ID
Bossier City, Louisiana
Cons
  • Fraudulent
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

About

National Movers Pros and Cons

Cons: Fraudulent, Abusive

Summary

Run by a 3rd generation CEO Maureen Beal, a granddaughter of the founder of the company, National Movers is a moving company headquartered in Broadview, Illinois. National Van Lines history started more than 100 years back when F.J. McKee decided to supply coal and ice across Chicago city. Nowadays, the company is an industry leading commercial and residential transportation and storage business. National Van Lines Inc is a Better Business Bureau accredited business. With more than 400 partners across the globe, the moving company is a reliable service provider both for individual and corporate clients.

National Movers reviews and complaints

National Movers is ranked 179 out of 632 in Moving and Storage category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article