Terrible Terrible Customer Service

I needed to update my credit card information as my last one expired. I went online to change the information and there is no way, that I could see to change the information, even though I could clearly see the credit card information. I have attempted to call them on two separate occasions to change the information and no one ever answers the phone! The message says I can push "1" and they will "hold my spot" and call me back. I can't stay tied to my phone all day hoping someone will call me back. I also sent them an email regarding this problem; and they said they would have someone call me. I tried calling again. Again, no one answered until I had absolutely had enough of the non-sense and then Jessica answered, kept repeating the same thing over and over, "This is Jessica. How can I help you?" I finally asked if she was a recording. Then she said, "We must have a bad connection." and hung up! To be clear, this is not an employee problem, this is an owner, management problem. Poor customer service is a symptom of poor leadership. Poor Jessica is probably one of five people answering thousands of calls all day long. The premiums are way too high for insurance that does not provide customer service. This is the worst company I have ever "attempted" to deal with. I say "attempted" because I never received any customer service. Again, I can't wait all day for someone to call me back and interrupt whatever I'm doing for something that should have taken 5 minutes online! This company's culture shows an absolute lack of disregard for its insureds and their time. Maybe it's incompetent or maybe it doesn't have the means to meet its obligations. Who knows?

User's recommendation: Don't buy National General Accident & Health Insurance.

ID
Cons
  • Terrible customer service
Preferred solution
Add a method of payment section to the website so that people can go in and change their own payment information. Hire more people to answer the phones that people don't have to wait an eternity to take care of a five minute issue.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article