National Association of Professional Women (NAPW) committed attempted credit card fraud

The National Association of Professional Women (NAPW) threatened to access my credit card account for payment without my permission by stating in an e-mail that "Your annual renewal of $99 has been processed, so there will be no interruption in your membership." I have cancelled my credit card and reported the NAPW for attempted fraud to the New York State Attorney General, Better Business Bureau among others. The NAPW misleading and a scam artist. I fell for the NAPW's manipulative telemarketing scheme, paid exorbitant initial membership fees, only to find out that all of the NAPW's promises are a complete hoax.

Same issue here. I never authorized the renewal.

I spoke to another agent that offered me a VIP membership that I declined. Also telling her that I was not renewing my elite status membership. They insisted that my elite membership was more expensive and that I should sign up for the VIP. I DECLINED again on the phone .

I received a charge on my credit card today. I called and told them that I did not authorize the renewal.

She told me that I could not cancel and that I was liable for the charge. She agreed to reduce the amount . I was billed $996.

Less the reduction.

I want. All of it back but they will not reduce anny more.

I called my CC COMPANY VISA, and was told that I could not cancelled the charge because I had already authorized them a year ago to use my card.

Don't sign up,

Any suggestions on my course of action.

Be aware! napw forces you to lie to the so called members.

the introductory membership and the trial membership are exactly the same with a $100 difference between them! you are also not told about a $99 profile set up fee until after you have given your credit card info. you are pumped up to believe you are aleady a member by questions pertaining to your career, just to be introduced to an elite at $989 and a preferred membership at $789. Then they work you to standard at $489 then Intro and Trial which are the same.

Only one thing separates the Standard and them. So, their sales tactics suck, yes and there is a lot of pressure on the employess, all women to make their quota each week.

Yes, my wife was duped into the same hoax. They pay a lot of money to have a celebrity endorse them, but in reality it is nothing but a money-making operation run by people with shady histories.

@PissedConsumer577842

Be aware! napw forces you to lie to the so called members.

@Tonja

I just got a call from them. While every professional association has fees their fees are outrageous.

The woman on the phone was so pushy. When I commented about the fees, she reduced the price to 489, then 289, then 189. That sent up red flags for me. If they are such a good professional organization then they would never have to decrease their fees to make someone happy.

A person wanting to be in their organization would find a way to meet the fees.

The lady was so pushy that I finally just hung up on her. Their questions were so bogus that I think I could have told her I was a bean stamper and she would have said I was accomplished.

@Tonja

By the way. When I asked the lady to send me the information via email she told me that in order to keep their cost down I had to make a decision right then and there.

Hum, how does an email affect the cost.

I would understand if they had to pay per email but i don't know of any services that charge you per email. I don't like cold sales and I don't like pushy salesmen.

@PissedConsumer663814

This is funny, the EXACT same thing just happened to me. I was told that I had to make a decision right away, and the fee went from $989 down to $99 for the first year.

I had to hang up on her too. This is horrible.

View more comments (6)
ID
Seattle, Washington
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article