Advanced Reviewer

Horrible customer service

I purchased a new 2017 Jeep Cherokee from Napleton Jeep (Chicago) around May 2017. In mid-July 2019, I first noticed a problem with the automatic transmission. The Jeep had well under 20,000 miles and was still on warranty. I telephoned Napleton Jeep to make a service appointment. I was told that only one or two of their technicians were trained to repair transmission, and that the first available appointment would be at 8:30 AM on Thursday July 25. I asked whether a loaner vehicle would be available. I was told that – since I purchased the Jeep from Napleton – I could get a loaner, but I would have to wait until August to have the car repaired. I opted to take the July 25 service appointment. I dropped off the Jeep at the scheduled time and date. I was told that I would be called when they determined what needed to be done. Ay 3:00 PM, I had received no call. I called Juliana, the individual who was tracking this work. Juliana told me that no one had a chance to look at my car yet. I expressed my disappointment. After all, what is the purpose of making an appointment if it does not mean that Napleton will have someone available at the appointed time? I called Juliana later on that day. She said that they were unable to replicate the issue I had reported. She said that they would try again the following day. I next called Juliana at 12:30 PM on Friday July 26. I got voicemail. I called back and asked for the head of the service department. I was told that he had the day off. So I asked for the store manager. I was given the sales manager. I explained the situation to him. He promised a call back within 30 minutes. I subsequently received a call from someone (not Juliana) with a heavy accent. He said that they were able to replicate the issue. He said they think it may need a software update. He said that is underway. He committed to calling me back within an hour to report the status of the repair. At this point, with the store manager off for the day, I asked to speak to whomever he reported to. I was given the name of Chris Napleton. I asked to speak with Chris Napleton, and I was only given an email address. I emailed Chris Napleton regarding my frustration at 1:24 PM on July 26. It Is August 3, and I have received no response. Later on July 26, I receive a text message from Juliana saying that the software update had been completed, the problem was fixed, and the car was ready for pickup. I picked up the car around 5:30 PM on Friday, July 26. Around 7:00 PM that evening, after Napleton Jeep was closed, I was driving and the problem recurred. On Saturday, July 27, I telephoned Napleton Jeep, explained that the car had not been properly repaired, and asked for a new service appointment. I specifically asked for a loaner since I need an available car most days. Juliana told me that she would call me on Monday with the date that a loaner would be available. Juliana failed to call me back. It has been one week. At 7:56 PM on Monday July 29 – after Juliana had failed to meet the service level commitment which she offered (a call back on Monday) – I emailed Chris Napleton explaining this failure of his staff to meet the commitments they made including returning the car when the problem had not been fixed and failure to call back on Monday to schedule a second service appointment when a loaner would be available. I asked that he respond within 48 hours, and I indicated that if I did not respond in that time frame, I would escalate this matter. It has now been four and a half days, and I have heard nothing from Juliana, Chris Napleton, or anyone else regarding completing this warranty work. Returning my car when the problem had not be resolved, failure of Juliana to meet the service level commitment she made (to call me last Monday), and failure of Chris Napleton to respond to either of my emails, is simply unacceptable. I believe that Napleton Jeep is obligated to repair my Jeep under the terms of the warranty provided at the time of purchase from Napleton Jeep. I believe that Jeep is obligated to assure that my car is repaired, since it is certainly within the warranty period. I also believe that consumers should avoid doing business with Napleton Jeep – either when purchasing or repairing their vehicles. Napleton Jeep’s concepts of customer services seems to be similar to the manner in which a bull services a cow. This attitude apparently exists from the bottom (Juliana) to the top (Chris Napleton). Consumers deserve better. Copies of my emails to Chris Napleton will be made available on request.
ID
Product
2017 Jeep Cherokee Car
Cons
  • Failure to repair car
  • Management non-responsive
  • Poor quality of work
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Meet your warranty obligations

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article