Deceptive Sales Practices

Initially, I believed my experience centered on a lone salesman. But after speaking with the manager of Ed Napleton in Elmhurst and others from various Ed Napleton facilities, I have come to believe that this is an issue that transcend the culture at Ed Napleton Kia of Elmhurst. March 17, 2018, my wife and I purchase a vehicle from the Ed Napleton Kia of Elmhurst. While negotiating with our salesman, Mr. Abdulla Abbadi, I noted the numbers weren’t adding up. His explanations made no sense., so I did a calculation that showed the figures off by $995.00. Mr. Abbadi then informed us that we were being charged for a protection package (Pro Pack). He explained that there was a sticker on the car’s window and that the charge was for those items. As my wife was addressing other issues, I went to read the sticker. I returned to tell Mr. Abbadi that we were not interested in purchasing the protection. He responded that he could not remove it. After some debate I asked if it could be piecemealed. He said it could not and that it was mandatory. Due to my persistence, Mr. Abbadi decided to bring in a sales manager to explain. The manager explained the benefits of the service while my wife was negotiating a price with another manager (name escapes me). I told Mr. Abbadi that if the package was removed, there would be no need to negotiate. Mr. Abbadi then reiterated that along with the documentary service fees, taxes, title and registration fees, the package was mandatory. March 26, 2018 I returned to pay my balance in full and for detailed documentation on the protection. It seemed that no one wanted to provide anything that detailed the governing of the package. I was told by Mr. Abbadi that I didn’t purchase the protection, and he had removed it. This is a significant because we were initially told that the protection was mandatory and there was no option to remove it or to piecemeal it. After a heated verbal exchange, the gentleman who was handling the finances (Gene) stepped in to show Mr. Abbadi that I was charged for the protection. I believe that deceptive practices were used by the salesman in an attempt conceal the package and its cost, to mislead customer to believe the package is required by law in order to increase their revenue.
ID
Deceptive Practices
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article