Scott J Vbj

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Morton Grove, Illinois

New car rip off by dealership

On December 17, 2022 I bought a 2022 demo Honda CRV EX L at Napleton Honda of Morton Grove on Saturday night as I was told there were no new EX L CRV's available. At the end of the purchase I saw damage to the vehicle and was told it would be fixed.

I asked for the manager Andrew but was told he was gone for the day. I was not happy that the damage was not disclosed to me before the sale. The dealership was closed on Sunday so I called at 9:00 am Monday morning and spoke with the manager Andrew. He said bring in the vehicle and we would work things out since they somehow got a new 2023 CRV in.

When we sat down to discuss the matter in short he wanted a $5,000 premium over Manufactures listed price and then said he would trade in the CRV from Saturday evening at a $4,600 deficit. So I ended up spending around $9,600 more than the listed price. This is truly a rip off to a 69 year old man. Not happy with the treatment and price that was extorted from me.

He originally started at a loss to me of $16,000 but came down to $9,600. This is not a way to do business is it?

In addition I bought extra warranties also. Ended up paying just under $52,000 this is not not right...any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Regards

Loss:
Cons:
  • Rip off by selling damaged cars then charging you more

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don’t do business with this Dealership

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article