N J Ford Funeral Home nightmare in Memphis TN.

My son was murdered on January 13, 2013. N J Ford Funeral Home located on Second Street made the horrible arraignments. They escorted us to the Cemetery by way of the expressway which caused us to loose ninty percent of our guest. Plus they lied and told me that rhey will file the claim with the State since my son was murdered but they filed it on my son Life Insurance policy which caused the State to deny my claim. N J Ford Funeral Home is the worst place to take a love one. I didn't select this place. I was forced to by my son's wife who was a nightmare herself. She tried to demand evetything her way when she didn't have a dime to pay anything. I wanted my baby to have a wonderful Homecoming but she made it a nightmare by selecting N J Ford Funeral Home. I am placing this information on this website to inform all consumers to beware of this low down business that will say and do anything to get your money. They also tried to get my son's Life Insurance information by lyng saying that Globe Life told them in order for them to file their ckaim and get paid that they will need to submit a copy of my son's Life Insurance policy with the claim. I called Globe Life who had me to put N J Ford Funeral Home on three way and they told them that they never told them that and from now on if they need any Life Insurance information then they will have to adk me for it and not call them since this conversation had to take place. Like I said they are a rip off and will steal, lie and cheat anyone

My children was taken there and we had funeral at our Church and we burial her in Forest Hill on Elvis Presley they were late bringing the body on that Monday with no flowers I ask about them where was her flowers could not give me and answer call director he say he would investigate and call me back have not heard from them in a year and I still hold tight to my receipts three 80.00 purple ,purple and white sprays my business goes else where

Actually you are wrong on a few issues. First of all you had no legal right to make decisions because his wife was the next of kin.

Secondly most of the funeral homes use the expressway so that's not a big deal. Did you purchase escorts? Thirdly the funeral home uses a 3rd party funding company to handle their insurance claims and the policy is typically sent back to the insurance company. That is standard protocol.

Lastly, why would you receive crime victims compensation as opposed to his wife? They have to investigate the death and wait for police reports.

IThat takes time so most funeral homes don't wait for that to take place. They require payment from the family and then the family can use the compensation fund themselves to reimburse themselves.

They dont even have a lisecened funeral director making arrangments edgar miller

I know his brother was a lying cheating theif and a drunk who just got out of prison and was married to a drink.nevertheless sorry for your lost.

You cannot use the assistance burial fund if you have life insurance,But the crime victims assistance fund will give you a check if the death was caused thru know fault of your own reguardless of weather that person has life insurance or not.When my son got murdered i recieved a lum sum of money from the crime victims assistance fund and I had life insurance on my son at the time because my son died thru know fault of his own.

You can not use a victims assistance burial fund if you have life insurance. It sounds like you wanted to get over and bury your son on public funds when you had the finances to pay. I'm sorry that your loved one was murdered but, based on the information presented, I find no fault with the funeral home.

@PissedConsumer767100

I agree

View more comments (6)
ID
Concord, North Carolina
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article