Only part of the story downloaded

My classroom students created stories on Mystorybook. Out of the 14 I paid to download, 4 did not download completely. I've emailed the company 3 times for help but have not heard back. I've spent $70 and do not want to give them a penny more. I'd like for ALL of my students to get their storybooks.
Middletown Township, New Jersey
Pros
  • That i can create my own book
Cons
  • That they charged my card and did not follow through
Problem with delivery
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Paid fee but not able to download

I had to write a children's book on 07/07/2017. So I decided to use mystorybook.com. After completing the book, it gave me the option to publish or share for a fee $5, so I paid it. During the process I received an error message stating the website was under construction. However, I received an email as receipt of purchase but I was not and still not able to access my book. Emailed the company and they have failed to respond. If I am not able to share my book, all I want is my money back and yes I am very much pissed because it was due for a class within 20 minutes. After all the work I put into this project, I had to find another software to use.

They are a ripoff and the site should be removed.

I wrote a children's book for my granddaughter. Mystorybook was easy and fun to use.

I, too, paid the $5 for the PDF and received a receipt. I also receive an error message when I attempt to download the PDF. Despite numerous e-mails to mystorybook.com, I haven't received a reply.

I should have known better. Any online company without a phone number should be avoided.

View more comments (1)
Product
Mystorybook Website
Pros
  • That i can create my own book
Cons
  • That they charged my card and did not follow through
Order processing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Mystorybook.com - blatant thieves

I was about to try this site until I read the terms of service. So mystorybook.com is in the business of stealing authors creativity and claiming it as their own by going behind the author's backs and publishing without attribution or compensation for their own personal profit AND wants authors and creators to pay them on top of it.... wow what a concept! They deserve a star on the rip off report! What a deceptive, greedy, bunch of ***'s they must be collectively to have come up with such an ingenious idea to steal from unsuspecting, innocent people. It's people like this that need to be thrown into a lion's den and eaten alive. Truly WICKED! PEOPLE READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE! STOP ALLOWING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY PREDATORS TO LEGALLY STEAL YOUR WORK!
Not as described/ advertised

About

Mystorybook Terms of Service
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING MYSTORYBOOK.COM's WEBSITE LOCATED AT MYSTORYBOOK.COM AND ANY OF ITS SUBDOMAINS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "SITE"). If The Client of Mystorybook are under the age of 18, The User should review this Agreement with The Client's parent or guardian to make sure that The User of company services and The Customer's parent or guardian understand it. If The User of Website have a question or a concern about the Terms of Service, Website invite The User to contact www.mystorybook.com The following is an agreement between MyStorybook.com ("MyStorybook", Website, Company's and www.mystorybook.com), and any person or other legal entity, (The Client, The Client's or "account holder") who wishes to use the Site, whether as an account holder on the Site ("Member") or merely as a visitor browsing the Site (Members, visitors and other users of the Site are collectively described in this agreement as "Users"). This agreement ("Agreement") consists of these terms and conditions, and any other terms incorporated in these terms and conditions by reference (such as Mystorybook's' Privacy Policy).
To read more: https://www.mystorybook.com/terms
Mystorybook Privacy Policy
This Privacy Policy is incorporated into and subject to Mystorybook's' Terms of Service. Company's primary purpose in collecting personal information from The User is to provide functionality and features that improve The Client's experience, and make Mystorybook's' service safer and easier to use. Mystorybook do Mystorybook's' best to only collect personal information about The Customer that The Company consider necessary for that. In most cases, The Client of Mystorybook can browse the Site without telling www.mystorybook.com who The Client are or revealing any personal information about The User of company services Once The User become a Member, www.mystorybook.com require The Client to provide various contact and identity information and other personal information as indicated on the relevant forms on the Site, and The User of Website are no longer anonymous to Mystorybook The User of Website always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to become a Member or by not using the particular feature of the Site for which the information is being collected.
To read more: https://www.mystorybook.com/privacy
Top Mystorybook Products

Mystorybook Pros and Cons

Pros: That i can create my own book

Cons: That they charged my card and did not follow through

Summary

Mystorybook is an online platform allowing story tellers from all over the word to create and share their stories with global community of like minded people. With a simple interface of MyStoryBook teachers can incorporate stories they create into their learning programs used in class sessions. In 2015, Mystorybook was recognized as a great resource for teachers and learners by American Association of School Librarians. Featured stories cover a number of books such as What Makes Me Different, Your Dad, My Dads, My Five Senses, and The Pursuit of Happiness and many others.

Mystorybook reviews and complaints

Mystorybook is ranked 133 out of 588 in Periodicals & Publishing category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article