MyDomain Reviews

Show reviews that mention
domain customer service panel names control support account money domains
Filter review

Verified Reviewer

The worst customer service of all time,

Their office contacted me a customer of 22 years, to verify my account. My webmaster tried to reason with them but they were adamant that I needed to submit documentation. I submitted document from the NYS Dept of State, my Passport, and the last 4 digits of credit card number. It still wasn't enough. Now they tell me that the passport has to be in color. I decided to close the account as they don't treat customers professionally or reasonably.

User's recommendation: Stay Away from these bureaucrats of insanity.

ID
Cons
  • Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Apology

Just checking on hosting & domain name

MyDomain charged me for hosting. I was just confirming you had a backup in case MyDomain messed something up. Also, working on how to switch my domain names to SiteGround from MyDomain.
ID
#2321998 Review #2321998 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sherman, Texas

Unreliable, very very bad customer service - don't use it!

I had about 30 domains with MyDomain, some .cn domains among them. They offer an auto-renewal which I am using. Anyway, besides their unreliable DNS which I had several outages with, the told me that they had renewd my .cn domains when in fact they did not and so I ended up losing the domain to some domain grabber. MyDomain.com even took my money for the renewal but they denied to take on any resposibility for the mishap they caused. I opened tickets with their support and they promised they will get back to me with some solution - I waited 6 months and longer, where I repeatedly asked for any feedback regarding this ticket - nothing happened. I opened new tickets asking why the ticket would not receive any feedback - nothing happened, they just told me to be patient. Today I am checking and the original ticket was just deleted - not closed. So their are trying to cover their ***. DO NOT USE MYDOMAIN.COM - opt for some quality provider instead and read their T&C so you are covered in case they screw up.

MYDOMAIN.COM is a piece of *** service. DO NOT USE!!!

Reason of review
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Domains held to ransom

Don't touch this domain registration company with a bargepole. Ten years ago they were very competitive and efficient and I moved all my domains there. Their service has got more and more expensive and inefficient, and they make it as hard as possible for you to move elsewhere. They make a lot of money charging extra for domain privacy, which some other registrars offer as standard. And if you forget to renew a domain and it goes into "redemption period" they lock it and hold it to ransom. You have to pay $100 PLUS another year's registration just to get your own domain back. Dreadful, dreadful company.
London, England

Web Hosting Mydomain.com

Update by user Sep 06, 2012

Finally! I sent a letter to the BBB and they really came through.

Within days I had two phone calls and the guy actually followed up. Unfortunate it took all that effort since they lost my business within a couple of weeks of the snafu.

Got my refund and release of the domain name. Thanks to a bunch of followup and the BBB.

Update by user Aug 20, 2012

Ok so it is now August 20th. I wrote various letters including an official BBB complaint.

I believe the BBB at least helped with getting a real phone call however they (mydomain) happened to call me in the middle of my work day and I never have really talked to anyone. I exchanged voice mail and once again provided them with the information they asked for. Today the ticket has an entry that they need more information and it is signed by yet another person who has never been involved in this nearly 3 month old debacle.

I hope that you never choose MYDOMAIN.COM for anything. You might as well burn your money.

Original review posted by user Jun 07, 2012
Just a warning, don't use them. They migrated servers and lost all my account information and in turn, took my website down in the process. It was down at least 12 days out of the first 30 days. To add insult to injury, thier "billing experts" refused to do anything until I proved to them I paid for the site. (Let's see, already had the domain name and control panel logins....Mmmmm) to date, site still down, still fighting them. First line support was Ok but most of the guys had no idea what they were doing. They suck!!

As others say, mydomain.com has a trackrecord of regularly messing about their customers and not offering decent customer support.

Our domain and sub-domain forwarding have suddenly stopped working for nearly a week now! This has caused us enormous issues and mydomain.com have well and truly done everything they can to try to damage our business by not responding to a single query.

I know a lot of other customers are affected too - one guy has 263 domain names which are not working thanks to mydomain.com screwing up again, as they have done many times of the years!

To add insult to injury, they are redirecting all our valuable traffic to their pages with Ppc ads from which they are making money!

I am disgusted and appalled that mydomain.com have not even responded to a single support ticket or email sent to them in the last week. They don't pick up the phone either - kept on call holding for over half an hour and still nobody picking it up.

I have tried to contact them 20 times in the last several days, using different means, without receiving a single reply from them!

#520094

July 27. Website still down.

I wrote a letter to the mother ship of mydomain, the registrar holder: Dotster.com in Vancouver WA. That got some other "account expert" on the email trail but they still insist they "need information from me to help them find the account." I am hoping that within a week or two, we have a full refund. Not sure what else can be done short of visiting them in person to see if they're willing to talk about it. One thing for sure, they're scared as *** to call you.

Never have they tried even though I left them my cell # many times. Just to reiterate: NEVER HOST WITH MYDOMAIN.COM!!!!!!

Really sorry to hear that. It is now June 20 and our site is still down. These guys should be shutdown, never to put anyone through this again.

Goin through *** with mydomain right now. they will not allow access to my site, they will not reimburse me an dthey will not answer any questions...

they suck...

I will talk to an attorney about filing a class action suit. They are horrible an dneed to be held accountable.

@PissedConsumer495908

They totally suck. Lost all my email. Incompetent idiots.

View more comments (4)
Troy, Michigan

MyDomain.com - Phoney follow up

Had a few domain names registered at the MyDomain.com, who as it turns out aren't even a real company it seems, well, reall in the sense that anybody works there. Anybody with any sense, it seems. Upon endless automated responses and difficult online control panel functions the MyDomain people give you the impression that everything is great there and they will handle your issues and renewals, except that, guess what, there are no people there and if anything falls through the cracks they blame you, reminding of the servcie agreement, and then stand in your way between resolving any outstanding issue you may have. Sheesh, with so many other providers, give yourself an easy ride and go elsewhere, unless poor custimer satisfaction is your goal. Which is exactly what MyDomain.com provides. Poor customer satisfaction.

Happy to hear you were able to leave. I'm on day 6 now of no website and still not a word.

I spent 40 minutes on the phone waiting for a "tech" to pick up only to find out he couldn't do anything anyway. I fax them and even contacted what I think is their main office through DOTCOM,Inc. (Listed as the registrar for mydomain) No response.

I think you're right. This is a basement operation.

I just left www.mydomain.com, because my website went down, due to their database fault, but they did not admit that they recently moved database. Their tech people are immature, rude and unprofessional. I would not be surprised if they are working out of someone's basement.

View more comments (1)
ID
#132029 Review #132029 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article