Happy with the service

Truthfully i also was a little hesitant because of some old reviews about this service, but I cannot be more happy with their service. they informed me that there has been a change in management, and so I gave it a try and the adoption went through was no problems. They saved me alot of money in comparison to a lawyer.

User's recommendation: Highly recommend.

ID

Was concerned but no need to be.

I had seen all of the negative reviews but since money was tight I decided we would try. We couldn't afford an attorney and needed and wanted to finally get the adoption completed. Placed the order. Had some difficulty downloading the questionnaire but then someone called me to help me through it. Once I got it filled out my processor had everything completed. Took it to the courthouse and now we are the proud parents of the child we raised.
ID
Cons
  • Downloading questionnaire
Reason of review
Good quality

Short Review on February 07, 2017

This is a complete rip off and scam

Myadoptionforms.com

I am trying to adopt my wife's child and she is adopting mine. We Paid the money, got the forms and went in to file. The lady at the probate office looked at the 4 page "petition for adoption" and said "that's it? we usually get a thick stack of paper when attorneys turn this in. We can't NOT accept these but you are required to know all that an attorney knows and turn in the right forms and inform us what you need us to do with the forms at the correct times. I can tell you right now that you do not have everything you need. We'll take it if you want us too. Then she slipped me a form on how to contact attorneys." They are not allowed to tell us which forms to turn in. The people at myadoptionforms.com told us we need to ask the people at the court. No one has this information except the lawyers. This is starting to sound like a scam. I tried to get my "guaranteed" money back but they said I would need to get a letter from the probate office that they refused my forms. I can't get that letter because technically they CAN'T refuse the forms but I would have to pay $100 to file and they forms would sit there until I told them what to do next. nothing is automatic. I sent an email to the address provided a couple of times and never heard back from them. This is a weak and dishonest company. I would never recommend using this company. I found an attorney who only does adoptions and he charges $850 for everything. after paying $320 to this company and then paying for the $100 filing fee and the service fee and the court fees etc. It all adds up. The $850 is sounding much better. I have an actual attorney who can give me advice and will help us get everything we need. He said he has NEVER once seen a do-it-yourself package work in the state of Oregon. Take my advice. Get an attorney.

Who was your attorney? That’s a good deal! I’m in Oregon and struggling to find an affordable way to do a step parent adoption.

Total SCAM!!! We are a military family who got totally taken advantage of!!

This won't be the end of this!!! Making a call to my local news!!!

Got us too it's a scam when you call them back it ask if your an existing customer if you are the phone will automatically disconnect. BEWARE DONT THROW AWAY YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ITS ASHAMED THEY PREY ON GOOD HEARTED PEOPLE

View more comments (2)
Portland, Oregon

Www.myadoptionforms.com are Cons-BAD Business

I paid $400, I think to these people. I was supposeed to have my adoption forms in a day or two. This was so my husband could adopt my children, whose father left when they were very small and never returned. I was able to find him after 4 years and he agreed to sign these papers. I told the girl TIFFANY that I had to have them quick. She agreed. Ok, so more than a year later, I had called a million times, sat on hold, talked to 2 people(rarely would anyone get on the line). I tried everything. I sent Tiffany an email showing their "promise" on their website. This girl called my cell phone, Private name and Number...I answered, and she told me this is Tiffany from My Adoption Forms, and laughed and told me "you will NEVER get your money back", and hung up on me. Do not use these awful people when you're trying to do something great for your family. They are a scam.

Oh my goodness, Thank you for telling everyone this.

It was very helpful, And I'm so sorry that this happened to you.

Take my advice. Get an attorney.

@PissedConsumer256475

Do you mind if I ask what lawyer you used?

I'm going through the exact same situation in Oregon but can't find a lawyer for less than 2k. :(

So what did you end up doing?

Thank you so much!! I will definately try that!!

You need to do a charge back with your bank if you used a debit/credit card or your checking account. The time limit may be up, but if you tell them the situation, they may be able to open a case.

You will fill out forms, fax or bring them into your bank.

They will investigate and if they find in your favor, they will take the funds out of the account they were sent to and put the money back in your account. Good luck sweetie!

View more comments (5)
ID
#196798 Review #196798 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dallas, Texas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article