Largest regret was getting them for a wedding

Being a Sikh wedding, their are numerous traditions and customs a wedding party would like to follow - which of course, includes the type of music being played at the reception. I was upfront about this prior to signing him for the event, since we wanted to maintain traditional elements to their wedding. For the majority of the night, the music was decent and the crowd was enjoying themselves. The music skewed a bit to the modern and American side, so some wedding guests started to request more traditional Indian music. Music Mantra was unable to meet these requests, and as more and more guests kept asking, they became irrational and irate. The situation escalated and slurs, profanity, and even punches were thrown. The guests, bride, and wedding planner were all attacked. It caused a state of confusion in the reception hall, which drew further attention to the incident. He refused to finish his job outlined in the contract, and closed up and packed 30 minutes before the end of the party. What was left was a crying bride, a room full of attacked wedding guests, and a reception venue full of turmoil. Not to discredit Music Mantra as a DJ - they certainly seem to know how to press play and get a crowd moving, however, they will not cater to the needs of their paying customer, and in this case, ruining such an important event as their wedding. They should have been honest and upfront that they do not know Indian music. At least we would have had the opportunity to find the right DJ that would have truly made their wedding party special.
ID
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Music Mantra DJs - the worst!

My husband and I booked Devin and Raj for our wedding in October. Our first call with Devin went well, we thought he was nice and that he understood what we were looking for. On our next call, Devin was just rude and condescending about our music choices - which should have been a giant red flag for us! At the event itself, we thought things started off okay. The uplighting was nice and matched our decor. Towards the end of the night, the music stopped 30 mins before the end of the night. I had no idea what was going on, but all I could hear was Devin and Raj cussing out our guests and our wedding planner. Our guests were trying to request songs all throughout the night, but apparently these guys wouldn't play any of the requested songs. Instead of talking to us or our wedding planner about it, Devin and Raj cussed out our guests. This is extremely unprofessional behavior and totally unacceptable from any vendor. At the end of the day, my only takeaway for anyone reading this is they made a bride cry on her wedding day. Don't let that happen to you. You can't redo your wedding, so don't take any chances. Warning to all San Francisco and Bay Area brides - stay away from Music Mantra DJs!!!!

This has to be a fake review - looks like this same stories are being posted all over the internet, probably by competitors. We booked them 6 months ago for our wedding just this past weekend and they were PHENOMENAL both as DJs and as people..

Raj and Deven were the absolute best! I couldn't imagine them just start cursing guests out in the middle of a wedding. And then for someone else to say they had a similar experience makes this even more unbelievable.

As an attorney, I'd urge you to be very careful not to find yourself at the other end of a subpoena for a defamation lawsuit - if you're going to try to compete with these guys, you should probably just try to be better DJs. Making up stories about them and posting them in the public forum will only hurt you in the end if they decide to subpoena your IP addresses.

I had a very similar experience with them. They are amateur and very unprofessional.

Biggest regret from my wedding was to with Mantra - I should have just had a boombox to avoid all the drama.

View more comments (1)
ID
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Unemployment Expert Tips

Experts Tips on Unemployment and Cyber Security

Feb 3, 2020

Can’t verify your identity via ID.me? Andrew Stettner, an unemployment expert, comments on how the ID.me verification process works and the privacy risks involved. Learn how one consumer resolved his issue.

Andrew Stettner
Andrew Stettner

Andrew Stettner is a senior fellow at TheCenturyFoundation and a non-profit leader who shares expert opinion on unemployment benefits and insurance reform.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article