Original review updated by user Jun 05, 2021
Murn Managemnt at Liberty Mill Apartments I contacted the office by email on the 10th that I put my rent in the box at 3: 00 pm. The property manager replied by email that my checks are posted and on the ledger on March 11, 2021, for which I overpaid $23.50. "10-Day...
ID
Pros
  • Apartment
Cons
  • Dog feces all over the property
  • Management are unprofessional
  • Management act like bullies
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Mask Requirements

Murn Management - Mask Requirements
Update by user Feb 16, 2021

I have not heard any resolution about the leasing grace periods amended on the lease. The issue is that are many individuals who are second language person and can't comprehend the rent grace periods unless it on the lease.

According to Montgomery County law, it is a lease violation.Montgomery County licensing requirements, there are two items that you must add to every Montgomery County lease •10-Day Grace Period for Late Rents: Maryland law states that you cannot consider a rent payment late until after the 5th of the month. Montgomery County takes this requirement a step further – under county law, you must allow your tenants to pay up until the 10th of the month. You cannot start the eviction process for “failure to pay rent” until the 11th of the month. You must include language explaining the 10-day grace period in all Montgomery County leases.•2-Year Lease Option Offered: In Montgomery County, you must offer your tenants a 2-year lease option, not the standard 1-year lease.Your tenants will need to sign an agreement that you offered them a 2-year lease.

While this can pose an issue for property owners looking to rent a property for 1-year terms, this option is an important part of county property law. This is to ensure that the lease is satisfied in all state and county requirements.

Update by user Feb 16, 2021

The mask requirements are still in lack and it is not fully following CDC guidelines. I don't understand why it says resolved and it isn't which is untrue.

Update by user Jan 13, 2021

I had paid the 81 cents however he didn't check the mailbox for my check of an overpayment of $1.01. However, sent the letter by management that I must pay rent on the 1st or before the 1st which is misrepresenting the facts.

As to the misrepresentation of the COVID requirements regarding the CARES ACT.In addition to Montgomery County licensing requirements, there are two items that you must add to every Montgomery County lease •10-Day Grace Period for Late Rents: Maryland law states that you cannot consider a rent payment late until after the 5th of the month. Montgomery County takes this requirement a step further – under county law, you must allow your tenants to pay up until the 10th of the month. You cannot start the eviction process for “failure to pay rent” until the 11th of the month. You must include language explaining the 10-day grace period in all Montgomery County leases.•2-Year Lease Option Offered: In Montgomery County, you must offer your tenants a 2-year lease option, not the standard 1-year lease.

Your tenants will need to sign an agreement that you offered them a 2-year lease. You must include language explaining this option in your lease. This rule is unique to Montgomery County – no other area of Maryland offers this option. While this can pose an issue for property owners looking to rent a property for 1-year terms, this option is an important part of county property law.This is to ensure that the lease is satisfied in all state and county requirementsI am humanly very upset.

As my friends and family are dying rapidly from the COVID crises, my concern of wearing a mask imposing so much hostility and harassment against me to save their life as well of others.Including sending me threatening letters with misinformation and misrepresenting the facts constantly as we have a national crisis with COVID. The insensitive nature and disrespect, I can't believe that they spend more time in the office to harass me rather than doing the right thing with the correct information.They rather that I will be oppressed with silence; which is not effective to me as a human being. Dealt with harassing phone calls that I had to call the police to intervene.

Because of who I am negatively stigmatized. Dignity and respect is not a priority.

Update by user Jan 12, 2021

The problem is utilities Alta at Liberty Mill Apartments Murn Management add utility towards rent. They charge a $3.80 monthly process fee.

I was short in my calculation with utility fees 81 cents, however, paid my rent.

I pay a check for my rent and my utility is a separate check. Then Murn Management at Alta @Liberty Mill apartments added CDC guidelines on the letter that Cares act ended 7/25/2020 however failed to add the updated version The Cares Act bill extends the deadline from December 30, 2020, to December 31, 2021, for funds provided byCongress in the CARES Act through the Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF).

Original review updated by user Jan 13, 2021
There is no honor in mask requirements as Montgomery County on Wednesday added 450 new COVID-19 cases, up from 291 on Tuesday, public health data showed. Nine people died overnight. There is no concern for other lives and there is a new strain of coronavirus awareness that is more infectious, individuals play pool without a mask drinking alcohol (unlicensed alcohol facility/office), and walk around as if there is no care for the spread of this disease. Because I write my concerns, the property manager sent me a threat eviction notice for 81 cents. Can you believe that and quoted the old Cares Act that I would face eviction for 81 cents. As he tried to embezzle money from me to pay twice for applications and other amenities that I do not suppose to pay lead to an inaccurate ledger with my rent. Even though I paid the 81 cents that he tried to maliciously harass me with a letter misrepresenting the facts. Congress Passes Extended Eviction Moratorium until January 31st. Murn Properties who manages Alta at Liberty Mill are maliciously biased, makes threatening phone calls that violate ADAA guidelines, and it's my belief unfavorable because I am a black and disabled tenant. Because I filed complaints they follow me on the property and maliciously harass me for exercising my civil rights.

User's recommendation: Take safety precautions because of ignornance of others,

Ellicott City, Maryland
Pros
  • Near shopping areas
  • Apartments are nice
Cons
  • Management act like bullies
  • Refuse to practice cdc guidelines
Preferred solution
Stop misrepresenting the facts. Cease harassment and respect CDC guidelines. Stop retaliating because I exercise my civil rights. Respect every human being with dignity and respect.

Unproffessionalism and refusing to practice COVID 19 guidelines

Murn Management - Unproffessionalism and refusing to practice COVID 19 guidelines
Update by user Jan 13, 2021

The COVID wearing the mask hasn't improved as it would save their lives as well as others. The ladies who clean the property are respectful and do a great job well.

Some maintenance staff is also respectful. MURN management I have an issue with as they use different tactics to impede my daily living. They act like bullies than Managers behind the scenes. I understand why the Vice President called my home threatening me have no respect but felt her power and authority to harass me because she looks down on certain classes therefore that attitude is displayed throughout MURN properties.

I had to get the police to cease her from calling my home with threats as she has no decorum, respect or dignity. She believed I filed a civil rights complaint I don't have any rights.

It my belief MURN properties support systematic racism in their policies and practices.MURN management tried to make me sign a confidential agreement to not speak my 1st amendment rights speaking against discrimination, I refused. I know wearing a mask it's hot but there are other ways to buy the turtle which can help breathe through the mask.

Original review updated by user Jan 13, 2021
I reside at Liberty Mill Apartments there has been issues as I reside there as a resident. I am going to start with some complaints as there are many. I usually don't enter the office to conduct any business due to COVID 19 practices. I went to the office because my phone had a sudden blue screen, and I could not answer phone calls. I wanted to use the office hoping that I could call to get a phone replacement. I enter the office I heard loud talking and laughing between a maintenance man and Manager Jean, who was not wearing a mask. I was disappointed to witness such acts of unprofessionalism of loud shouting noises and laughing as there were no customers in the office. The COVID 19 virus is airborne; they were laughing and talking without a mask as there is no ventilation which makes it worst. As to CDC guidelines regarding social distancing practices, the office was not in COVID 19 compliance but they have a notice on the door you must wear a mask. Then I saw a tenant in sitting in the back without a mask, too. I asked could I use the phone, the Assistant Manager Jean told me due to COVID 19 as he had his mask off, that I could not use the phone. I find it hypercritical that the office has a sign that a mask is required, and the employees don't wear one. I also find him to be unethical as he thinks would make the call for me, but why should I expect the manager who doesn't respect the lives of others and talks without a mask refusing to follow their own CDC guidelines to treat me with any decency and respect. I took a risk to walk into the office as I was the only one wearing a mask. After I left the office, I had to wash my clothes, disinfect, and took another bath after entering the office. I do not expect any professionalism from the low -grade MURN management team at Liberty Mill Apartments. The management team doesn't practice CDC guidelines, respect themselves or tenants- (MURN Management properties are a low rated management company. The company practice unlawful discrimination and retaliation.
Ellicott City, Maryland
Pros
  • Apartments are nice
  • Near shopping areas
  • Nearby stores
Cons
  • Garbage left in hallways
  • Refuse to practice cdc guidelines
  • Dog feces all over the property
Upgrade management staff

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article