Horrible Experience at Mount Baker Roofing

We scheduled a project three months ago with Mt. Baker Roofing for a commercial roof. Because it was a commercial building, for months we planned on closing the business during install due to anticipated noise. Clients were cancelled, rescheduled, and employees given time off. The contract was signed, and faxed to the company approximately 2.5 months prior. Color and type of roofing was selected approximately two and half weeks prior to job. It was verified to be in-stock by the distributor they use in Bellingham. Surprisingly, Mt. Baker Roofing never initiated any of these communications about the work, which I found peculiar. Emails document the scheduling of our project. A phone call made to Mt. Baker roofing 2 weeks prior verified the install date. However, I was told they needed another copy of the signed contract. This was sent to them, and the receptionist indicated everything was ready to go, "weather permitting of course". Finally ONE BUSINESS DAY PRIOR to install, I called to verify their time of arrival. To my horror, Mt. Baker Roofing said I wasn't on even on the schedule! When asked who did the scheduling, I was told the President of Mt. Baker Roofing, Dana (his nickname is apparently the 'Big D'), did this. I left a message for Dana to call me. Understandably I was upset. My hope was Mt. Baker Roofing would be able to accommodate us, seeing as this was their scheduling problem, not ours. When the company president finally called, rather than being accommodating or apologetic, he was rude, defensive, and blamed me for every aspect. He came across as having a superiority complex, 'smartest guy in the room', and was argumentative. I pointed out to the 'Big-D' that there was not a single instance where an employee from Mt. Baker Roofing called me about the work, to verify color selections, install dates, or any other aspect of this project. Let me tell you, this guy could care less. It's amazing the owner selected him as president. I estimate that Mt. Baker Roofing has cost our company $4,000-5,000 in lost revenue. Notably, there are other negative reviews about Mt. Baker Roofing. I only wish I checked these sites before selecting a roofing company. Some of the reviews are dead-on. For example a recent YELP review on 9/10/15 indicated a lack of follow through. Mt. Baker even failed to show up at the job! This I can believe. A review on 9/13 indicated sloppy work and hostile employees. That I also can believe. Further, I see the few positives are written by people in the construction industry,or contractors, which have clear conflicts of interest. If you are looking for a company that will potentially cost your business money, maybe not show up for the job, and has no accountability, and no empathy for you if problems occur, please choose Mt. Baker Roofing. Otherwise, I strongly suggest you take your business elsewhere.
ID
Bellingham, Washington
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article