BEWARE!

! My son had his 2002 BMW x5 towed to Milex in Holiday because of a coupon stating free tow and diagnostic with repair. He had no brakes. He received a quote for repair totaling $2474 + TAX, front pads-180, brake booster-1142, master cylinder-747, CV axle-231, bleed system-40, Break wear sensor-134. The parts from the local parts store came to under 550. He opted not to have the work completed here. Fernando, the owner charged him $186 for towing 3 miles and diagnostic. I called the tow company to see what the cost of towing would be, $44. I called Milex to see what a diagnostic would be for brake and transmission problem even if I did not have the work done there. I was told there would be no charge. I went to Milex with the quote stating that the master cylinder had to be pulled to pull the booster and they were charging double labor since the part was $135. I was then informed that they mark their parts up 3x their cost. Richard was very nice, Fernando, the owner, was defending his thievery to the max. They charged to bleed the system even though it had to be done to repair the booster. I had AAA tow it to Tire Outlet in New Port Richey. The master cylinder is NOT bad. The rest of the work needs to be done. My price from them is under $800!

You gotta pay for what u get. Your driving a BMW stop being so cheap or sell the car you can't afford

ID
Brandon, Florida
Service
Mr Transmission Milex Car Diagnostics
Pros
  • Richard
Cons
  • Dishonesty
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Brands Related to Mr Transmission Milex

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article