Lack Of Service

I was shopping around for different quotes of local Brisbane based business's to use to ship a 20ft container load of furniture from Adelaide to Brisbane. Mr Moving Man came in at the cheapest by a few thousands, so with my instinct I went with their company, at first I had made a few phone calls just to ask a few general questions about the safety in transporting my stuff interstate and every time they would say "Let me check and I will ring you back" they didn't having to end up with me following up on their calls every time. Every person on the phone I spoke to was rude and had the attitude that they did not care about my personal belongings or my few thousands of dollars worth of business. They demanded payment in full at least 24 hours prior to the first pickup, which I found odd.. and they originally stated my pickup would be scheduled for a particular day and was booked in and paid for on a Wednesday afternoon for a pickup the next day, I received a text message stating my pickup had been delayed and would not be picked up until the following Wednesday. which put everything on delay and the house I had waiting empty I was paying for waiting patiently for my furniture to arrive. They originally stated my furniture would arrive 7-10 business days between original pickup and delivery. I had to ring them on a daily basis because they would not ring me. My furniture was blocked in Melbourne for almost two weeks because their organisation skills were poor and they kept forgetting to put it on a train, I had waited almost 3 weeks for my furniture to arrive and fill my empty house. Before my furniture was delivered they stated I owed them extra money due to extra items at the pickup, which was rubbish, but they would not deliver my goods until I paid the outstanding amount and would charge me daily for storage fees, I ended up paying and finally received my goods the next day. there was no compensation for the time that they negligently left my goods in Melbourne for almost two weeks even though I paid for the top insurance cover. I recommend no one use this business as they have no respect for their paying customers.
ID
#632062 Review #632062 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Brisbane, Queensland
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article