Horrible Company

My husband and I were referred to this company by our broker when we closed on our new house. 45 minutes prior to the move, a representative of this company called us and stated she was unable to assist in our move since she only had a pick-up. We were moving our entire house and pick-up would not suffice. She ended the conversation by calling me a foul name and hung up on me. I was unable to call her back since it was a robo number. I called the company's customer service line and left a voice mail. That voice mail was never returned. I scrambled to make alternative arrangements since our house was completely in boxes and we had to move that day. Luckily, I was able to get another company to assist. I tried to request reimbursement since we had to pre-pay for this service which was nearly $1,000. I left multiple voice mails which were never returned. The email I sent was replied to by a person named Bill Catania Jr. who apologized for the lack of service and stated he would call me the following day. He has never called me. A week later, I received reimbursement of all except $275 since I never cancelled the service. Apparently, due to lack of communication by the company, multiple people and a moving truck was going to be provided to assist in our move. The person who called me to to state she was unable to help in our move and hung up on me, did not state this so I hired another company right away. Bill Catania, Jr. CEO of this company stated that since I did not cancel the cancellation fee of $275 would be assessed and that I should have contacted the company via email or phone right after the incident. I did contact the company and have cell phone records of this. I have yet to hear back regarding the $275 cancellation fee. No phone calls or emails have been returned after stating I did call them and have record to prove this. This company is a complete fraud and the owners are thieves. Their customer support and professionalism are appalling. They make promises they cannot keep and are fraudulent with their practices.
ID
#1061995 Review #1061995 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Move 247 Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Move 24/7 users BEWARE

Beware of the owner of this company, Bill Catania Jr. He managed a business I worked for and abandoned the company. He left owing employees, vendors, and customers a lot of money. The proof is there if you google his name and Ace Speedway or Stateline Speedway. He did both places the same way at the same time. Here is just one article from Ace: http://www.wxii12.com/news/Ace-Speedway-suspends-season-amid-messy-breakup/3374**** Here is another from Stateline: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/larry-ott/shutdown-leaves-stateline-speedways-future-in-doubt-2015**** He has a nasty habit of not paying his bills! From what research I have been able to find, this will be the next of a LONG LINE of failed business's and disgruntled people left in his wake. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE.... DON'T BE USED!
ID
Ararat, North Carolina
Reason of review
lack of payments
Preferred solution
Allow customers to be warned... history repeats itself!

About

Move 247 Terms of Service
These Terms of Use ("Terms") govern the access or use by The Customer an individual, from within the United States and its territories and possessions of applications, websites, content, products, and services (the "Services") made available in the United States and its territories and possessions by 247 Ventures, LLC and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, "Move"). PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES. The User's access and use of the Services constitutes The Client's agreement to be bound by these Terms, which establishes a contractual relationship between The Client and Move. If The User of Website do not agree to these Terms, The User of company services may not access or use the Services. These Terms expressly supersede prior agreements or arrangements with The Client of Move 247 Move may immediately terminate these Terms or any Services with respect to The User of company services or generally cease offering or deny access to the Services or any portion thereof, at any time for any reason.
To read more: https://www.move247.net/terms-of-service
Move 247 Privacy Policy
In order to operate the Move Platform and to provide The Customer with information about products or services that may be of interest to The User of Website www.move247.net may collect "personal information" (i.e. Move 247 will also collect the contact information of The Customer's friends, if The User choose to connect The Client's contacts and address book information with Move and The User's login credentials to The Customer's social network accounts, such as Facebook and Twitter, if The Client choose to connect those accounts with The Customer's Move account. The User represent and warrant that The Client have the authority to provide www.move247.net with any such contact information. By purchasing, or registering or making reservations for, products or services offered or sponsored by third parties on the Move Platform, or electing to receive communications (such as emails or material by mail) or electing to participate in contests, sweepstakes or other programs (such as discount or rewards programs), offered or sponsored by third parties on the Move Platform, The User of Website consent to Move 247's' providing The User's personal information to those third parties. Those third parties may use The Customer's personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
To read more: https://www.move247.net/privacy-policy
Top Move 247 Services

Customer Care

Summary

Move247 specializes in moving and delivery solutions. The company was founded by Bill Catania in 2016. Its headquarters is based in Des Moines, Iowa. Move247 offers University moving program which includes items delivery into college dorm or apartment. The company supports move scheduling up to 30 calendar days in advance of move date. It uses SUVs, sedans, and commercial trucks. As soon as move request is submitted and received, customer gets SMS and email notifications. It is possible to cancel any move but cancellation fee may be required. Available payment options are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. The company also accepts Bitcoins.

Move 247 reviews and complaints

Move 247 is ranked 194 out of 632 in Moving and Storage category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article