Mountainside Fitness cancelled my membership after they caused me to be sick.

Mountainside is not only the worst fitness club I have ever seen but the worst business ever. Not only do they not care about their members but in fact they don't care about the health and safety... and here's proof. Some "genius" decided that they needed high intensity lights that strobe to the music in the spin room. Most members, and even instructors, complained and several had to stop spinning as they were getting migraines. Rather than removing the lights the club removed the switch taht allowed us to switch them off. In my case one day I became highly disoriented and nauseous. I felt as though I was about to faint so I got off the bike, visually indicated to Randy the instructor, that I felt bad and I left the spin room. I went to the manager's office to report this. Then I sat down to avoid collapsing. Numerous members, as well as several of your own staff, saw me and saw that I was in obvious distress, as did others in the spin class. Despite my very obvious distress at no time did Randy bother to check on me when I left the class or after, which is totally irresponsible on his part. Furthermore none of the club staff offered to get a doctor or an ambulance, or drive me to an emergency clinic. In fact I had to request an Advil or Tylenol and even that was not readily available. Later that same day Ms. Sarah Mitcham, the Club Manager, called me to tell me that I had caused a disruption leaving the class and hence my membership was cancelled effective immediately. She did not even have the decency to ask for my version of events. It seems that the instructor had told her that I had caused a disturbance in leaving the class. Not only do I deny this but several members who were in the same class have offered to testify that I did not cause any disturbance and they too object to the strobe lights and feel they are detrimental to their well-being. Upon further investigation it appears that I may have suffered a slight seizure. There are numerous medical articles, which claim that strobing lights are a cause of seizures even in people who do not have epilepsy, and even lighting companies sell such lighting systems with warnings. I wrote a letter to the club president asking to discuss this but he didn't have the courtesy to replay which is just further proof that they don't care about their members.
View full review
ID
#490890 Review #490890 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Location
Scottsdale, Arizona

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

  • Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article