I am a 24 year old army wife. My husband is away at work quite frequently and I moved across the country to Washington state and all that I had was my husband and my two dogs puppy and happy. They are my kids, my company, my everything especially when my husband is away. Puppy was an American bulldog and just 6 years of age. On Tues morning 12/17/13, she ate breakfast normally and drank water, went potty, just a normal day. Around 11 am the dogs napped. At around 1230 I called the dogs, and only happy came. I went to puppy and she had her eyes wide open and seemed paralyzed. I grew very concerned and rushed her to her regular vet, Mountain View veterinary hospital. Puppy was able to walk with assistance inside. The vet, Rhonda Snyder put her on 02 and did blood work. Vet stated she had a low pulse rate and rapid heart rate and was having labored breathing. My pale dog started turning pinker and seemed to improve. She was put on fluids and o2. I was told by the vet and staff that any updates or changes I would be contacted immediately. Ii trusted my vet with my up so I went on home to hope for the better. I left the vets office around 145pm. I never got an update from the vet. I called at 4 pm asking how she was. Was told that she had vomited food but that she remained the same, no change. So that’s when I grew concerned. At 5 pm I went to the vets office myself to see what was going on because I wasn’t being told much. On the way at 515 I received a call from the vet’s office (4 hours after being dropped off) and 45 mins before closing time and was told that “my dog had a 20% survival rate and she was dangerously dehydrated and that if left over night they would come in to a dead dog in the morning”. I arrived at the vet at 530 pm to find out that my dog had apparently been in pain, had been given 3 ml of buprenorphine without my consent. My dog was 80% dead. Her cheeks were sunken, eyes open, cold limbs, did not react to me being there whatsoever. At 545pm she went into anaphylactic shock. I then was put on the spot and asked by the vet and asked if they should save my dog or have her put down and the vet stated “if it was my dog I would put her down” so I went with euthanasia because my dog was already cold and unresponsive prior to her shock. After 45 mins of crying and holding my girl, they brought up estimates of a cremation and the total of the bill. I requested a private cremation. Paw prints were done. I then asked a vet tech what was the following procedures that they did expecting to be told when ashes would arrive etc. she responded with “well she goes in the freezer until fri because they picked up today”, extremely insensitive. After my dog became rigor mortis, it was time for me to leave and be handed a $1000 bill. On Thurs I went in to ask the vet questions and it was her day off, on fri was called to be told she called in sick. I went in fri to pay my bill and ask another attending vet my question of why was I not updated on her progress as I was promised, why was she given pain meds when she had a low pulse, why I would be asked what to do when my dog went into shock, and why would I be told she would go in the freezer mins after she was dead. And the vet merely responded with “they were probably to busy with her to have given updates and if we felt the need to give her pain meds we would have done so without authorization”. I stated that my male dog will no longer be there client and I will be going elsewhere because I felt I couldn’t trust them and felt betrayed by them. I am 100% convinced that Mountain View veterinary hospital killed my dog. Do not take your loved ones to this place, they cannot be trusted or relied on for your pets safety. I am glad I had a intuition to go in because I was able to hold my girl as she died and be with her till the end.