BAD!! BAD!! BAD!! BUSINESS

VERY BAD BUSINESS!! HIRE THIS COMPANY AT YOUR OWN RISK!! I hired Mountain High Tree and Landscape to do some landscape work in my yard. First off, the employee who was doing the work, quit before the work was completed and I had to wait for a couple of weeks so that they "could find the time to finish the work!" The work included a water feature. The water feature was placed in my front yard along the front of my home. Several weeks after the work was completed, we found that a valve that the employee had turned off and then on was leaking in our lower level storage closet. I called my contractor and he came and demoed the closet as soon as he possibly could, withing a few days of my call. Once he removed the mildewy and moldy drywall, my contractor found that the splashing water from the water feature had been seeping into my home through the first layer of brick and the foundation. I called this company several times, leaving messages and emailing, and their was no response. I finally reported them to the BBB and still no response until almost a month later, at which time he wrote that he had turned this case over to his insurance company. During that time, I had to file a case with the Small Claims Court. This company hired an attorney to try and intimidate me and just before the court date, I received a call from their attorney saying that they had decided to settle for half of what the out of pocket expenses had been to repair the closet and fix the water feature, placing a barrier between it and my home. The attorney had asked me to sign a "Motion to Dismiss with Prejudice", which meant that I would never have any recourse) with one hitch, I was to sign the documents and the "check would be in the mail." Really! I immediately went to the courthouse and filed a Motion to Dismiss without Prejudice, which means that if I do not receive the check that has been promised, I can take them back to court. If that is what I have to do, that is what I will do. The owner, Ralph Brock, is nothing but a big bully. He refused to come and see for himself that the water feature had seeped in to my foundation and refused any responsibility at all. I am a widow and a senior citizen and I cannot believe that this company thinks that they can get away with this type of "customer service". This could have been catastrophic for my foundation and eventually the integrity of my home. AS I WROTE EARLIER, BAD BUSINESS!! HIRE MOUNTAIN HIGH TREE AND LANDSCAPE AT YOUR OWN RISK!! I KNOW THAT THIS REVIEW WILL NOT PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS, BUT IF I CAN SAVE ONE OR TWO PEOPLE THE STRESS AND HEADACHE THAT THIS COMPANY HAS CAUSED ME, MY WORK HERE IS DONE. BAD!! BAD!! BAD!! BAD BUSINESS AND BAD WORK ETHIC AND BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article