Motterts Lawnmower Repair - Chainsaw Repair Review

My chainsaw was running good but wouldn' idle. He said it probably need ajustment or had a vacumn leak and he would call if he thought it was more serious. Without calling tore it apart to find a scarred piston, and wants to charge an extra hour to put it back together plus gaskets he tore up or give it to me in pieces for$32.00

the $32.50 is the deposit for 1/2 hour mechcanics time to find your problem,if you decide to repair it is up to you as they always let it up to you if you want to reair or replace it because of cause oparts and what ever amount labor hours is needed to repasir and put all back together with new gaskets.you decision.no one works for free ! if you do please stop by mottert's repair and he will find something for you to do for a hour or two,but I don't think you do work at you job for free.so don't complain ,he didn't charge you the min. charge up front as he was suppose to.you only paid for 1/2 hour of a master mechcanic's half hour experience.

ID
Service
Motterts Lawnmower Repair Chainsaw Repair
Reason of review
Bad quality

Mottert's Lawnmower Repair in Arnold MO is the worst repair shop in St.Louis area!

I am here to inform all to stay clear from any purchase or repair from Steve Mottert owner of Mottert's Lawnmower Repair & Parts at 2228 Tenbrook Road Arnold, MO 63010. I brought my Redmax Pro trimmer there for a minor repair in July 2010. I took it to Motterts because I purchased it there new in 2005. I was told by Mr. Steve Mottert that the repair would take no more than one week. Fine, difficult to be without a trimmer for a week in the peek of grass growing, but ok. I called Motterts store one week later to see if I could pick up the trimmer. No answer at the shop on a Monday around 12:30pm, I left a message. I finally received a call back saying he still has done nothing with the trimmer and it could be another week or two! Pissed but giving the benefit of the doubt I agreed. Two weeks pass, no trimmer, no answer of the phone any day of the week, no returned calls to the messages, and when I drove 35 miles to the shop to see what the *** is going on, the store is gated and locked up. I am not the only one with this problem, another man was there to do the same as I was. His mower was just inside the locked gate with no repairs done to in the 4 weeks Motterts had his mower. This B.S. went on for 8 1/2 weeks!!! I drove by his store all hours weekly that they were said to be open according to his sign on the door, every time locked gates no one there no answered calls nothing! After threatening to show up with the Sheriff Dept. to get my trimmer back done or not I received a call from Mr. Mottert saying the trimmer is magically done after 2 1/2 months. When a went to Motterts to pick up my trimmer no apology, or discount was offered. When I arrived home to finally trim my yard the trimmer worked for about 35 seconds. It was dead again for the same problem it went in to Mottert's for *** I called Motterts right away and Mr Mottert answered (amazing). After explaining what just happened he told me I could bring it back in for him to look at it, but it could take another couple weeks!? I firmly told him I will never return to his shop and I urge all of you to do the same. I did take the trimmer to a well known BBB accredited shop in St. Louis who after I told them this same story they said I am at least the 20Th customer who has come to them after these same issues with MOTTERT's LAWNMOWER REPAIR IN ARNOLD MO 63010.

Is the man mentally challenged, has a shop to try to give him a life so he can earn some sort of living we been there (dependable lawncare) only to walk out as we couldnt wait for him to get off the phone, just didn't think he was on the ball no longer even try to use his shop and he's a dealer for a major brand that alot of out here use so ya almost have to go to him if ya use that all orange brand...... :sigh :sigh

This shop is horrible. My trimmer has been there since Oct of 2010 and it's now May of 2011.

He had every excuse under the sun. Now I have the difficult task of getting Troy-Bilt to do something with my trimmer. They have left messages with Motterts and Steve said he hasn't received them.

Totally useless shop. Will never go there again and will take every opportunity to bash his business.

@PissedConsumer283117

i agree horrible service. don't bother

View more comments (2)
ID
Saint Louis, Missouri

About

Top Motterts Lawnmower Repair Services

Chainsaw Repair

Summary

Citysearch® helps you find Lawn Mowers Lawn & Garden in Arnold, Missouri. Check out our Editors' Picks, user reviews, maps and directions to find the best Lawn ...

Motterts Lawnmower Repair reviews and complaints

Motterts Lawnmower Repair is ranked 226 out of 890 in Household Services category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article