Symeon Hox

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Warn consumers that this business is run by an unethical and vindictive CEO

Mott Tax Advisory Service - Warn consumers that this business is run by an unethical and...
Updated by user Oct 16, 2022

I was asked by "pissedconsumer" if I had contacted the owner to resolve the issue, and the answer is a qualified "No", because the owner has previously threatened to sue me if I dared to publicly place negative reviews online. (he sent me an email to that effect)....

Original review Sep 16, 2022
Owner, Alan Mott, calculated my tax incorrectly by saying I owed more than I did. He then sent the return to the IRS without my knowledge or permission, which IRS itself considers Misconduct.

I had to file an Amended (revised) return with another firm at additional tax prep cost. They found Mott had overestimated my tax due by almost $700, and I incurred the stress and aggravation of corresponding back and forth with the IRS for almost 2 years. (Anyone who has had dealings with the IRS, knows how that goes)!

Mott then lied, and said I hadn't paid him by valid check, when he actually received payment in full for his services. He hid the check and took me to court for "non-payment" forcing me to send a certified check for his fee.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Owner is incompetent and vindictive

User's recommendation: Be aware that Mott and his accountant are not CPA's. This is not illegal, but you might prefer a legitimate CPA for your taxes.

Symeon Hox

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Warn consumers that this business is run by an unethical and vindictive CEO

Owner, Alan Mott, calculated my tax incorrectly by saying I owed far more than I did. He then sent the return to the IRS without my knowledge or permission, which IRS itself considers Misconduct.

I had to file an Amended (revised) return with another firm at additional tax prep cost. (They found Mott had overestimated my tax due by almost $700), and incurred the stress and aggravation of corresponding back and forth with the IRS for almost 2 years. (anyone who has had dealings with the IRS, knows how that goes)!

Mott then lied, and said I hadn't paid him by a valid check, when he actually received payment in full for his services. He hid the check and took me to court for "non-payment" forcing me to send a certified check for his fee.

Loss:

Preferred solution: Full refund

Tax Expert Talks

New Tax Season: What Are The Key Changes?

Feb 12, 2021

How to file your taxes? What tax software to use? What’s changed in the tax law? To help you prepare for tax filing season, Pissed Consumer interviewed Jerry Zeigler. Watch his expert tips on tax preparation. Find out how to avoid tax filing mistakes, tax scams, and make the most value of your returns.

Read full article
Jerry Zeigler
Jerry Zeigler

Jerry Zeigler is an AFC, an Enrolled Agent, and SaverLife financial coach. He has been in the tax field since 2011.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article