BMW key

1 review 1.0 star rating 1/5/2017 I bought my 2013 BMW X5 in Arlington, Texas last summer. Love it. I took it in to be serviced at the Bloomington dealership a couple of weeks ago. They did a great job. The problem I have is with the parts department. I wanted a second key for my vehicle and my service agent told me I had to show the title for the vehicle in order for it to be ordered. I didn't have anything like that on me so decided to order it when I picked up my X5. When the car was ready, I arrived near closing time to get it after a long day at work and a 2.5 hour drive. I went to the parts department and told the young man I wanted to order a key for my 2013 X5. I gave him the entire packet of my Arlington paper work because I wasn't sure exactly what he needed. He went through the papers, commenting on the length of the pages because their papers are 'normal sized'. There was a copy of a car registration in the packet of papers and he copied it. I paid $260.15 for the key. I received the key today. It was for my 2007 X3 which I no longer own. I called the parts department and was told the copy of the registration they have is for the 2007 and too bad for me. Even though I told the parts person I wanted the key for my X5 and he went through the X5's paperwork, it's my fault they ordered the wrong one based on the wrong registration card they copied. If I want them to make the correct key, I have to pay them again.
ID
Bloomington, Minnesota
Service
Motorwerks Bmw Key Duplication
Pros
  • Service department
Cons
  • Parts department staff including the manager
Reason of review
Order processing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article