They also steal!

I had an MOT done by them this year in March 2012 and whoever picked my car up stole my key ring (which was a gift and of some value). I contacted them to alert them to the theft and Motor Mate promised to replace it, it is now September and have since then ignored all my emails regarding the issue despite stating they would give me a new one. The person I was dealing with now seems to have left the company as all my emails bounce back and now one will help me regarding the matter. Totally scandalous.
Los Angeles, California
Loss

Dangerous

Stay away from this company, they never washed or cleaned as promised, ok I thought I can live with that, got into the car after they handed it back, drove about 1 mile and discovered a serious knocking. They never tightened the rear wheels on correctly. *** dangerous. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Now the oil light is coming on so I'm thinking that they didn't even do the basic service as promised, customer service didn't want to know, again DO NOT USE if you want to stay alive. Rubbish, useless, ***, ***, garbage, bad, terrible,deadly, heed my warning!!!

Thanks for the warning, was going to use this service, had a look at the website and must say what a genius idea by a guy called Robert Dawes, but will have a look to see if a local garage can collect my car. once again thanks for the warning!!!

#520722

I have to agree, used them too and had the worst ever service, on top of the fact that they did not clean the car the driver had used all my fuel. Also they try and rip you off with extra work. Avoid Motormate at all costs.

View more comments (1)
London, England

AVOID MOTOR-MATE.CO.UK

This company will rip you off and make your life miserable. They collect your car, send it for an MOT and bring it back to your place - well in theory. However what actually happens is that they: - collect your car on the wront day/time - fail your MOT - charge you with expensive and unnecessary repairs In addition to this, the customer service is extremely rude and patronising. My car went for a full service two months before and there is no way that so many problems would have surfaced, especially as the car gets used once a week and for max half hour. My advice is to stick to your local MOT centre and STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.
#520727

Avoid motor-mate.co.uk, they will only rip you off.

They had my car and nothing was done as promised, they tried to blame the garage(halfords autocentre) but it was motor-mate who took my car away, they even said they would not bring it back to me unless I paid to have work done, so dodgy, do not trust them!

Yeah total rip off company, they only really make money when the car fails the MOT I bet, so that is what they want. Totally agree with comment, take your car to an MOT garage that doesn't do repairs, at least you know they will be genuine.

What a load of rubbish - these guys rock.

I forgot my MOT, they collected it the day I called and brought it back - minor repair required - the same day.

Calm down and get some perspective Mr jonesy3103

Funny that, these guys bent over backwards to help me and upon price comparison were cheaper than 3 other major motor trade companies (Kwik fit being the most expensive) I could not dis agree with this comment more !

View more comments (3)
ID
#320431 Review #320431 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Washington, District Of Columbia
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article