They also steal!

I had an MOT done by them this year in March 2012 and whoever picked my car up stole my key ring (which was a gift and of some value). I contacted them to alert them to the theft and Motor Mate promised to replace it, it is now September and have since then ignored all my emails regarding the issue despite stating they would give me a new one. The person I was dealing with now seems to have left the company as all my emails bounce back and now one will help me regarding the matter. Totally scandalous.
Los Angeles, California
Loss

Dangerous

Stay away from this company, they never washed or cleaned as promised, ok I thought I can live with that, got into the car after they handed it back, drove about 1 mile and discovered a serious knocking. They never tightened the rear wheels on correctly. *** dangerous. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Now the oil light is coming on so I'm thinking that they didn't even do the basic service as promised, customer service didn't want to know, again DO NOT USE if you want to stay alive. Rubbish, useless, ***, ***, garbage, bad, terrible,deadly, heed my warning!!!

Thanks for the warning, was going to use this service, had a look at the website and must say what a genius idea by a guy called Robert Dawes, but will have a look to see if a local garage can collect my car. once again thanks for the warning!!!

#520722

I have to agree, used them too and had the worst ever service, on top of the fact that they did not clean the car the driver had used all my fuel. Also they try and rip you off with extra work. Avoid Motormate at all costs.

View more comments (1)
London, England

AVOID MOTOR-MATE.CO.UK

This company will rip you off and make your life miserable. They collect your car, send it for an MOT and bring it back to your place - well in theory. However what actually happens is that they: - collect your car on the wront day/time - fail your MOT - charge you with expensive and unnecessary repairs In addition to this, the customer service is extremely rude and patronising. My car went for a full service two months before and there is no way that so many problems would have surfaced, especially as the car gets used once a week and for max half hour. My advice is to stick to your local MOT centre and STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.
#520727

Avoid motor-mate.co.uk, they will only rip you off.

They had my car and nothing was done as promised, they tried to blame the garage(halfords autocentre) but it was motor-mate who took my car away, they even said they would not bring it back to me unless I paid to have work done, so dodgy, do not trust them!

Yeah total rip off company, they only really make money when the car fails the MOT I bet, so that is what they want. Totally agree with comment, take your car to an MOT garage that doesn't do repairs, at least you know they will be genuine.

What a load of rubbish - these guys rock.

I forgot my MOT, they collected it the day I called and brought it back - minor repair required - the same day.

Calm down and get some perspective Mr jonesy3103

Funny that, these guys bent over backwards to help me and upon price comparison were cheaper than 3 other major motor trade companies (Kwik fit being the most expensive) I could not dis agree with this comment more !

View more comments (3)
ID
#320431 Review #320431 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Washington, District Of Columbia
Loss

About

MotorMate Return Policy
Buyer may return a MotorMate model within 30 days of delivery for a refund if the return is a result of buyer ordering the incorrect MotorMate model. A restocking fee of the MotorMate price may be deducted from any refund based on the condition of the returned MotorMate. Carefully pack MotorMate and return, shipping cost pre-paid, to the address below. The best way to avoid a return or exchange is to confirm the correct MotorMate model for The Client's motor prior to ordering by double-checking The User's measurements. Customer selected incorrect MotorMate model for their motor make/model/year. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure any product being returned is packed properly to avoid any damage to the product during shipping. A restocking fee may be required based on the condition of the returned product.
To read more: https://motormateusa.com/return-exchange-policies/
MotorMate Warranty
EPCO is confident in the MotorMate's design as the most reliable transom saver and motor toter alternative available today, and supports it with a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for the lifetime of the MotorMate. EPCO Products, Inc., warrants the MotorMate Outboard Motor Locking System to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for the lifetime of the MotorMate. This warranty is granted to the original purchaser of the MotorMate unit. This warranty does not cover any MotorMate unit that has been modified in any way or used with a motor for which it was not originally designed nor specified. This warranty does not cover damage, loss or failure which results in whole or in part from improper installation, misuse, neglect, failure to properly maintain, or other damage caused by inappropriate handling or use of the MotorMate.
To read more: https://motormateusa.com/lifetime-warranty/
MotorMate Privacy Policy
To read more: https://motormateusa.com/policies/
MotorMate FAQ
To read more: https://motormateusa.com/faqs/
Summary

MotorMate specializes in outboard motor locking systems. The company was founded by Claude Gouge in 2008. Its headquarters is based in Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA. In 2014 EPCO Products purchased the company. MotorMate offers locking systems for Evinrude, Johnson, Mariner, Yamaha, and Honda Marine motors. The company provides detailed installation instructions for each model. There are more than 50 dealers which offer MotorMate systems. The company ships their products across the United States through the US Postal service. It accepts returns within 45 calendar days of the delivery date. The original purchaser of the MotorMate unit receives lifetime warranty. Available payment options are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.

MotorMate reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article