Verified Buyer
| map-marker Macon, Georgia

Formal dining room policy

Mortons The Steakhouse - Formal dining room policy

Unfortunately, I had a horrible experience at the Atlanta based Mortons restaurant in which I was not allowed to be seated in formal dining, due to what I was told was violation of the dress code policy, only to see that after I was basically offered the bar area and told the service would be the same which it was not, I watch three white men walk in dressed in shorts and T-shirts being seated in the formal dining area. I made this complaint to the manager and let them know of their inconsistent policy that Was used to keep me and another black gentleman who came in separately from me from eating in the formal dining area.

It is obvious that there is a discrimination policy that only applies to African-Americans as there were two different tables of white people who were casually dressed, compared to my $2000 outfit , that was deemed a violation of the dress code policy. I was told by the hostess that in order to come in and eat I would need to wear a formal jacket.

When these three men were seated, I went to the hostess and asked her about the formal dress code policy, and she stated that it had not changed which obviously it is change only for those Dean inappropriate for formal dining. This is *** and I will not tolerate discrimination on any level.

User's recommendation: Keep in mind where you’re at and the fact that this restaurant would prefer African Americans to not patronize their place.

Ben H Hwu

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker New York, New York

No turkey

I recieved a Thanksgiving Turkey meal $59.95 deal. Booked my party of 4. Got to restaurant in NYC at 45th and 5th to be told no turkey dinner on Thanksgiving. Did not have steak but $450 later we went home. Pissed off! National email. Not honored or possible. Not nuce!!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Ambience
Cons:
  • Limited menu

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Cook your own turkey.

Cameron M Kur

Verified Reviewer

HOW DARE YOU MORTON's!!! NEARLY HAD LAST SUPPER!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!

HOW DARE YOU MORTON'S!!! I SAID HOW DARE YOU FOR NEAR 'LAST SUPPER'!!!! 1. Foreign object EMBEDDED in bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp which Morton's 100% ACKNOWLEDGES!!! 2. Large object very hard such that to the hand appears to be GLASS which Morton's is claiming to be ROCK SALT. 3. When took a bite of the shrimp the object did not break and was such that if swallowed could have CAUSED DEATH or IRREPARABLE PERMANENT BODILY HARM. 4. There is NO REASON for such an object to be EMBEDDED in the MIDDLE of SHRIMP!!! 5. Morton's and CORPORATE ACKNOWLEDGE the EXISTENCE of AN UNWARRANTED OBJECT in MY FOOD!! 6. Why did Toni (Claim's Analyst 713.386.7069) REFUSE to provide me her last name and email??? Why did her manager's manager or "someone" as she stated NOT CONTACT ME??!!! WHAT IS THE GAME??!!!!!! See 1st Review Made on YELP: https://www.yelp.com/biz/mortons-the-steakhouse-rochester?hrid=YIrXLUDxodSrsqO-IsCzuQ *** URGENT MORTONS CORPORATE UPDATE*** as of 1:16pm EST 1.23.20 As per the below narrative involving GLASS IN FOOD that could have caused my LAST SUPPER I advised Toni yesterday a GLOBAL SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN ADVISING THE WORLD OF MY STORY WILL COMMENCE at 3PM EST SHARP on JANUARY 24th 2020 if the SITUATION IS NOT RESOLVED. I have advised TONI (Claims Analyst) 713.386.7069 at CORPORATE ACCORDINGLY and have yet to receive CALL from her MANAGER's (Michelle) MANAGER (Linda). During 2 calls with Toni I was REPEATEDLY INTERRUPTED and yesterday it appeared Toni placed me on MUTE. Toni has REPEATEDLY REFUSED to provide me her last name and email in addition to last name / emails of UPPER LEVEL MANAGEMENT. EVERY SINGLE COMPLAINT WEBSITE KNOWN TO MAN (35+ some of which listed at end of review which I listed on Toni's VM) will have the below stated and the COPY is being prepared RIGHT NOW if we are unable to come to terms. FURTHERMORE I WILL REACH OUT TO ALL LARGE &;;;; SMALL NATIONAL MEDIA SOURCES to be made aware of THE SITUATION. *** *** Prior to engaging LARGE & SMALL NATIONAL MEDIA I will attempt direct contact with Tilman J. Fertitta so he is made aware of the above and below.*** HOW DARE YOU MORTONS!!! I COULD have CHOKED TO DEATH ON A LARGE PIECE OF GLASS LAST NIGHT!!! What would have happened to my ESOPHAGUS and DIGESTIVE SYSTEM if the GLASS WAS STUCK and CAUSED INTERNAL DAMAGE WITHIN MY BODY??!!! LARGE PIECE OF GLASS found INSIDE BACON WRAPPED JUMBO SHRIMP LAST NIGHT!!!! CAME CLOSE to HAVING MY LIFE DERAILED IF I HAD SWALLOWED THIS GLASS!!! To make matters worse Katie Tubbs assistant manager was UNTRUTHFUL, WENT BACK ON HER WORD, UNPROFESSIONAL and the WORLD WILL KNOW ABOUT THIS SHORTLY if REMEDY IS NOT UNDERTAKEN to CORRECT THE SITUATION!!!! HOW DARE YOU MORTONS!!!! I SAID HOW DARE YOU!!!!! Mortons is listed under LANDRY'S per company website: TILMAN J. FERTITTA, Chairman, President and CEO of Landry's Inc. landrysinc.com/franchise linkedin.com/in/tilman-f twitter.com/TilmanJFerti HOW DARE YOU MORTONS!!! I SAID HOW DARE YOU!!!! *** On previous visit my brother was served water with the GLASS CHIPPED NEAR the TOP of it*** What kind of ESTABLISHMENT IS THIS with CHIPPED GLASSES and NOW my LIFE ALMOST BEING IRREVOCABLY ALTERED BY HUGE PIECE OF GLASS IN SHRIMP LAST NIGHT???!!!" HOW DARE YOU MORTONS I SAID HOW DARE YOU!!!! *** CORPORATE HAS RECEIVED THE BELOW THIS MORNING *** Untruthful / unprofessional response to the situation by Katie Tubbs Assistant Manager. Have reported the below to MORTONS CORPORATE. Will NEVER EVER eat at Mortons again after having gone 2x previous in last 2 months. Here is summary of last nights event (this was submitted to MORTONS CORPORATE 8AM 1.20) 1. Father and I were at the Mortons Steakhouse in Rochester NY January 19th 2020 (3rd dinner here in the last 2 months - the previous time we were here was a group of 4 roughly 2 weeks ago). 2. I encountered a large piece of glass baked into the middle of bacon wrapped shrimp part of hot seafood platter. This happened within 3-4 minutes of appetizers being delivered. My father and I had yet to receive truffle fries and double porterhouse steak. 3. I immediately within minutes showed my father the glass which he felt and observed and summoned the waiter closest by who then brought forth Katie Tubbs. 4. Katie Tubbs stated the seafood platter would be removed from the bill. I stated to her that my appetite was gone and I had no desire to eat now after nearly eating/swallowing large piece of glass. She asked me what I desired and I stated the entire meal to be provided with no charge due to what just happened. Katie agreed which my father heard and she took the piece of glass back to the kitchen. 5. Katie returned within several minutes and claimed the piece of glass was rock salt and would not cover the entire meal only the 3 drinks, Ahi Tuna and the platter up to that point. My father and I immediately stated that was contrary to what she said minutes prior and in addition was not being truthful as the piece of glass was extremely hard and smooth. 6. I immediately informed Katie that in addition to readying national complaint media campaign if issue is not resolved to begin global social media exposure campaign and will advise corporate as per this initial message.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor service by corporate
  • Foreign object in food could have caused last supper
Reason of review:
OBJECT IN FOOD

Preferred solution: Corporate to remedy the situation

Guest

So where is your damage ?

map-marker Los Angeles, California

GARY BULLERS

GARY BULLERS IS THE REGIONAL MANAGER FROM MORTONS STEAKHOUSE IN BEVELRY HILLS.

THE MAN IS A COMPLETE ***. WE HAD THE WORST DINING Experience a person could ask for and have been complaining for a month and this man has done nothing help us out!

I just called him and he started yelling at me!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how this man is a regional manager the way he treats customers. they screwed up 5 things during my dining experience and are not willing to refund me, and on top of that I have emailed them 12 times and they are ingnoring me. so I finally called him and he yelled at me on the phone

THIS MAN NEEDS TO BE FIRED FROM HIS JOB HE YELLED AT ME AND IS REFUSING TO REFUND ME FOR A HORRIBLE VISIIT

Cheyenna Syl

With your spelling, no one her messed up your order. You did not communicate properly.

Also you are a gross piece of work for wanting him fired.

You are not entitled to a refund. Do not eat out if you cannot afford to.

Agree!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1653371

Sounds like a shake down

Guest

Morton's is one of my favorite places for a nice meal. Admittedly, I have never dined at this particular Morton's you reference, but I have enjoyed nothing but delicious food and impeccable service at Morton's in Detroit, Dallas, Orlando, Las Vegas, and Boston.

I am curious about a couple of things; while you were in the restaurant did you mention your dissatisfaction about whatever went wrong? Secondly, why did you pay the check if your experience was "horrible"?

I will admit that yelling at a (former) customer isn't the way to handle a problem, but I can understand being extremely frustrated if someone had emailed me 12 times. What I cannot understand is why you didn't ask to speak to the manager after the second or third time you felt things were not meeting your expectations and allowed your anger to build.

Surely this could have prevented the total number of misses from reaching five.

In my experience, a calm, face-to-face conversation goes a long way when attempting to resolve a problem. :)

Cheyenna Syl
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-792065

They are lying about the experience being terrible to get their meal free. Obviously the do not want refund this liar, and are not replying back to this person trying to cheat them.

Guest

Details and specifics would have been helpful.

View more comments (5)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article