Update by user May 20, 2020

TLDR at the end. I went with the cheapest of three quotes and I regret it.

John Green did a nice job of remotely estimating my move (due to COVID, we had a video chat) which was on the smaller side of a typical amount of goods to be moved from Ohio to Virginia. The total came out to just over $3,500 and I thought that was a very reasonable price and about 15% cheaper than the next highest bid. Due to the smaller load, it had to be packed onto one truck, transported on that truck to a warehouse in Michigan, then stored until it could be loaded onto a different truck that was making multiple stops heading east. I understand that is how they make small moves economical and I accepted that the delivery window would be 3 weeks long.

After the movers packed my goods the scheduler, Tracey Pritchett contacted me and I agreed to a delivery on 5/16/2020 between 10:30 AM and 11:30 AM. I called on Friday 5/15/2020 at 2:30 PM to confirm the delivery and was told that "I am your next call, let me doublecheck and call you back". I called back at 5:25 PM to again confirm with Tracey and she confirmed that the delivery would arrive the following day. The next morning at 9:30 AM my phone rings.

It's Tracey. She has called to inform me that not only will my goods not be delivered today, but they haven't even been loaded on the truck in Michigan. She doesn't know why the driver couldn't make the delivery because he never returned any of her messages, she "assumed everything was good to go". I later get a call on Monday 5/18/2020 and Tracey informs me that my goods will be delivered on Friday 5/22/2020.

I inform her that I am already scheduled out of town for work Friday through Saturday and I cannot be there to accept delivery and there is no one else in the household; I asked for delivery on Thursday. Impossible, she states. Her supervisory Bethany Gutowski calls me back later to verify that I cannot be there to accept delivery on Friday. I confirm emphatically, I will be working out of town.

Today, 5/20/2020 I receive an email with an invoice for an additional $1,041 for storage from Friday through next Tuesday and they will be able to deliver my goods on Wednesday. They won't even tell me what time the delivery will be until the day before. I do have a new job that doesn't allow me to just phone it in. I guess that doesn't matter to them.TLDR: I paid for a service to pack and move household good for me.

They did a great job packing them. The transportation of them from Point A to Point B resulted in them standing me up on a CONFIRMED delivery with less than 1 hour notice, then informing me that if I couldn't be at my new residence to accept delivery on the date that they TOLD me I HAD to be there, it results in an additional charge of $1,041 to 'store my goods' for an additional 6 days. I DO NOT RECOMMEND MORSE MOVING AND STORAGE. In fact, I highly recommend that you take the next highest bid, which for me was "Two Men and a Truck" for my particular move.

Not true. I wish I would have checked reviews on them before making a decision!*If you can't accept delivery on the day they direct, you are SOL and will be charged whatever they feel like.

Original review posted by user May 20, 2020
I paid for a service to pack and move household good for me. They did a great job packing them. The transportation of them from Point A to Point B resulted in them standing me up on a CONFIRMED delivery with less than 1-hour notice, then informing me that if I couldn't be at my new residence to accept delivery on the date that they TOLD me I HAD to be there, it results in an additional charge of $1,041 to 'store my goods' for an additional 6 days. I DO NOT RECOMMEND MORSE MOVING AND STORAGE. In fact, I highly recommend that you take the next highest bid, which for me was Two Men and a Truck for my particular move. I have been on hold with them for enough time to have heard over and over on their on-hold voice messaging that 'mistakes are costly', doing moves the first time is important to them', and 'customer satisfaction is their number one priority'. Not true. I wish I would have checked reviews on them before making a decision! *If you can't accept delivery on the day they direct, you are SOL and will be charged whatever they feel like.

User's recommendation: Choose anyone else!

ID
#1938811 Review #1938811 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pros
  • Cheap
Cons
  • Cheap
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

The Worst Moving Company in Michigan and Ohio, DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE

Morse Moving Company has some of the worst service I have ever experienced. I would NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO USE THIS COMPANY FOR MOVING. First of all, they have their salesman come out to look at what you are moving and give you a quote. The salesman I met with is Tony Hamilton and he went on and on about his 20 years of experience and how accurate he is, how much he knows about moving, has been doing it forever, will take great care of you, blah blah blah and on and on. He was at my house for over three hours and assured me repeatedly that he knew how to price a move and would take great care of our belongings. I have a lot of glass art and he assured me that the glass would all be packed in wooden crates to ensure their safe move. Moving day came. NONE of the glass was packed in wooden crates, it was ALL packed in cardboard. Consequently, I have found broken glass since the move. I could not file a claim on it because they told me I had only seven days after the move to file a claim. I wasn’t able to get to see if anything was broken for weeks because the movers tossed our belongings where ever they could find a place for it and I could not physically find everything and look at it in seven days, not only because it was physically impossible for anyone to go through everything, but also because I have sever back problems. They put items for the house in the garage and items for the garage in the house. It was and still is (three months later) a mess, I am struggling to find items and move them to the proper places. I also did end up filing a claim on a coffee table that they put a big dent in and after over three months, they told me they would only pay $60.00 for the table even though it was a $500 table. They then said they would not pay even that amount because my husband’s company deducted around $232.00 for something Morse charged for but never did (they charged us for “waiting time”, but could never explain what that was), so Morse subtracted that amount from us (!EXTORTION!) and said they were still owed $172.00. They are the biggest rip-off’s you would EVER want to deal with, so snaky and a group of liars. Their customer service ended the day they dropped our belongings off. They broke our belongings, and moved furniture they were not supposed to move. They also billed for almost $2600 MORE than what was quoted. WE EVEN MOVED MANY OF THE HEAVIER ITEMS OURSELVES, SUCH AS TWO BOATS, LADDERS, SCAFFOLDING, AND OTHER CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT that was quoted and so the costs should have been a lot LESS: NOT MORE. However, when I questioned them about it I was told by Tony (remember the guy who had over twenty years of experience and knows EVERYTHING about pricing a move? Yeah him) that he didn’t have any answers for me. PLEASE, IF YOU WANT TO MOVE, DO NOT CALL MORSE MOVING. YOU WILL REGRET IT. Even their own employees gave us their phone numbers for when we move again next year and said Don’t call Morse, call us and we will move you a lot cheaper!!!!!! Regretfully, when I went online to write a review on a different site, I found 188 complaints about the company on that site alone!! What does that tell you? I regret that I did not look them up before I hired them, I might have avoided the entire nightmare of dealing with them.
ID
Lansing, Michigan
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article