Morning Sun Kennels does not follow through on promises!

Bonnie Kline of Morning Sun Kennels sold us an Entlebucher Mountain Dog in April of 2010. We were promised "introductory documents" from her that described the purebred dog's lineage and health. Despite multiple requests, these documents were never received. We also were to receive his registration papers once he was neutered and these were never received. The documents from the vet were sent electronically and by mail and confirmed received by the breeder, and yet we still never received the registration or intro docs, despite being promised by Bonnie on multiple occasions. I grew wary of her empty promises so I sent a letter detailing reports to sites such as the BBB and possibly legal action if she did not comply, but we received no response. It has now been nearly a year since we purchased the dog and more than 6 months since we had him fixed and we have not received any of the promised documents. We love our dog but have no confirmation of his health, age, or lineage. Not only are these items are standard when purchasing a purebred dog, but we were verbally promised them by Bonnie on multiple occasions.

I purchased a swissy from Bonnie in May of 2010. When I returned home with the pup (Dutch) I immediately noticed he was very timid and scared of any human besides me.

He loved other dogs but was scared to death of people. When he was one I took him to the vet to get neutered. The vet did a routine blood test to make sure he was healthy enough for surgery and it came back that he was in renal failure. I couldn't believe it this one year old puppy was dying of kidney failure.

Dutch lasted another year and a half before his kidneys totally failed and I had to put him down. It was a very sad and very expensive 1.5 years with prescription dog food, monthly kidney screens, ultrasounds and frequent trips to the vet.

I called and spoke with Bonnie about the issue once and she told me she was dealing with a sick sister and would call me back.

She never did and I knew there was nothing she could do to help so I didn't pursue her further.

I see all the horrible reviews about her now and the behavioral issues her dogs are having and hope no one buys a dog from her again.

Thank you for your post... I saw her breeder profile and flags went up due to her lack of compliance/participation on the profile list.

I also saw another disturbing complaint about this breeder... sounds like the AKC should have shut her down some time ago.

@PissedConsumer1164138

Yes, I have been in contact with the AKC several times, trying very hard to have her shut down.

So far, I have had little luck, which is incredibly sad and disappointing.

@PissedConsumer1164351

We purchased an entlebucher from Bonnie Kline in May, 09'. She never sent the paperwork.

We didnt get too concerned, as our dog seemed healthy, and we adored him. Until May of 16' when Glaucoma hit......he went blind, and had to have his left eye removed. He did well as a blind dog, but got sick quickly 2 days ago, found out he had an enlarged liver, we just had to put the poor pup to sleep a day after his 9th birthday.

After looking at xrays, vet said he had a congenital extra half vertibrae between his thorasic and lumbar spine whuch coukd cause him problems. This women is a monster, and needs to be stopped.

I now have purchased my second pup from Bonnie and he is everything and more than she said I will get my greater swiss from Bonnie as long as she breeds

His name is maximum and is now 10 week old. We think she is the best

@PissedConsumer881501

Funny that all the positive comments were posted on Oct 6 and 7. Smells a bit like Bonnie has had some free time to post in an attempt to clean up her reputation. Just saying.

Although we did get the docs we were promised, our Entle does exhibit a lot of the same characteristics as mentioned in other posts. We have two small children and thankfully he is not violent, but he is very fearful of people, especially men.

We can't even take him for walks because he is too afraid of the outside world - he pulls so hard that we fear he'll hurt himself.

Luckily he gets ample play in our yard.

update on the above...we did receive the docs after multiple complaints and the drafting of a legal letter.

@PissedConsumer881136

I cannot believe how many people have had issues with this kennel and yet they continue to breed and sell dogs! I have a rescue "Entlebucher" (he is way too big to be pure entle, i am thinking there is some greater swiss in him) that came to us this past spring - we were his "last stop".

I am happy to report that with a bit of tough love and a lot of work, he is now a functioning part of our family.

But this woman and her kennel should be ashamed at what they are putting these dogs and the unsuspecting families through. For those of you having issues with dogs from her, I am not a trainer, but what worked for our rescue was a ton of exercise, some positive training methods, and serious alpha establishment by ALL members of the family, including alpha rolls until submission.

View more comments (24)
ID
Chicago, Illinois
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article