Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Returned bad items, they kept my money

Moriarti Armaments - Returned bad items, they kept my money
Moriarti Armaments - Returned bad items, they kept my money
Update by user Sep 21, 2020

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with full refund. on 9/14/2020 a Moriarti rep contacted me via phone.

We were able to resolve the situation. I received a full refund..

Update by user Aug 25, 2020

n May 8th 2020 I was charged $680.90. This seller is refusing to refund for the items returned.

From their websiste moriartiarmaments.com Order number 32080 was placed on 5/08/2020 for a AR-10 .308 20" Premium Fluted Stainless Tactical Rifle Kit - DPMS The item I purchased included a Fluted Barrel. Instead I received a standard smooth exterior barrel. The purpose of the Fluted Barrel is to remove weight from the rifle while maintaining strength. A Fluted Barrel has material removed lengthwise leaving grooves or a rib-like appearance, not smooth.

The process making the Flute requires additional machine work and equipment, which also adds to the cost of the finished product. I inspected the other parts of the kit and noticed the dust cover on the upper receiver was damaged. It was bent in such a way that it would not close properly. It would not stay closed in the normal manner and it appeared that the Moriarti Arms' assembly person had mashed it closed hard enough to gouge the ejection port and fold the door inside the housing.

Further inspection I found a Detent spring was mashed flat, making it unusable. A Detent Spring is about the size of a coffee stirring straw and 1 inch long. The spring fits in a precise hole and applies tension to the Detent. The Detent is about the size of a pencil lead tip and fits in a divit to hold the upper and lower halves together.

If the spring is not perfectly round it won't fit in the hole, if it is mashed it won't expand when compressed. I contacted the merchant by phone the next day to request a return and refund. I emailed them a picture of the item I received. They emailed me a return shipping label on 6/11/2020.

I sent the package with UPS, tracking number 1ZRV558690****5775, on the same day. Moriarti Arms received the items on 6/18/2020. I last emailed Moriarti Armaments on 8/14/2020 again asking for a refund. They have not responded.

No money has been returned. They do not answer phone calls.

Original review posted by user Aug 25, 2020
I ordered AR10 kit online. I received the wrong barrel and damaged upper. I contacted them by phone, asked for return and refund. I got a shipping label, sent everything back, I have UPS proof of delivery. Now they ignore all communication and won't return my money.

User's recommendation: avoid these crooks, they sell garbage then keep your money.

Resolved
ID
Pros
  • Ship to california
Cons
  • Stole my money
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article