Disbursement Advisory

I received the same letter claiming I was a winner of $2,997,500. Issue # 003-81****, deadline April 19, 2013. I had to pay a release fee of $20. If its too good to be true . . it usually is a scam. I don't know for certain, but am not falling for it. Enter at least 100 words . . what??? Is this a scam too???? blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
Athol, Idaho

Morgan,Phelps,& Stern Grant Ashbury

Opening the letter stating you are a winner of $2,997,500.00 "OH ***" and litteraly had to take a ***. Thanks to this website found a *** scam. Really if you think about it if you actually won that much money then why cant they take theres from your winnings and send you the rest. An actual check. Why arent these people in jail wtf. Really glad i didnt send the twenty dollars that i really didnt have to send in the first place. *** had me dreamin in my new ride white dodge challenger with white 20's leather interior oh well i will gets mines. ;)
Homestead, Florida

Morgan,phelps and stern/payment agent Grant Ashbury

Sent me an DISBURSEMENT ADVISORY letter stating that i had been confirmed as a winner of a $2,997,500.00 cash award. They wanted a $25.00 registrant fee. I almost sent it to them but my wife advised me that it was a SCAM. I believe in helping people, so that is why I'm posting this complaint for everyone to read that uses this site. Please be careful with anything that appears to be to good to be true. It probably is. There are a lot of evil people in the world and they hate the righteous.

NOTE:

You can make this scam work in your favor!

1. Open a second checking account

2. Write the $20 check from that checking account

3. Make it payable to said winnings issuers

4. If they're legitimate, winnings will fund the account!

5. Transfer winnings in new account to your old account.

6. Close New account, live long and prosper! ,)

-------

7. If they're a scam, they'll cash check and you get nothing!

8. The backside of the check as banking transaction info

9. You can use this info to back-track to the bank that cached it

10. Which leads to the "Person(s)" that cashing the check!

11. Ya got'm! 8)

-------

12 can also return your $20 back to the bank for a refund due to "Services not received for payment rendered"

13 of course the bank will investigate to validate your claim

14 But in doing so, will retrieve/track vital information of the banking institution that processed the check, which again, leads to the payees receiving the check.

Either way, you win! :zzz

A. you get your money back

B. you get your winnings

C. you get the crooks at the other end.

D. may even then file a criminal/civil lawsuit against them for damages which may not result in millions, but more likely in a hefty settlement! :grin

baml

Sometimes you may need to go for it, (pay the $20) But as a bank check!

(they "DID" say Check, right?)

Then wait and see if they cash it!

If they do, then you got'm!

Because the information on the back of the check is the Banking information (they're connected with/Done business with) that converted into Cash!

Then await for your so-called winnings!

If nothing happens, you can always "RETURN" to the bank and got your REFUND for that check amount! And said Bank will then seek to retrieve the refund from the Institution that cashed it for the "Scammers" them are SHORT

i git a letter to the person doing this should go to prison for reaping off nice people get off your buts and get a job and stop scamming people :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

They told me I won 2,997,500.00,all I have to is send them 20 dollars for processing fee.

i knew this was a scam just because they want money one time this other person send me a check i took it up there it was a scam man what are people getting in to even them scam people they need to get a life and live people alone unless they come to your home dont send no money out it only a scam

I'AM ON DISABILITY SENT THE FIRST PAYMENT THINKING MY WIFE WHO ALSO DISABLED WOULD HELP US INSTEAD CAN'T GET MY PRESCRIPTION WITH LOSS OF MONEY PLUS STAMP *** SHAME HOPE THEY GET PAYBACK FOR THIS EVIL DOING

I have received this and roughly 6 others, from different people over the past few weeks. The only big payment drawing I am hoping for is from Publishers Clearing House.

These "Disbursement Advisery" notices are a scam, to a point. If you read the back, it gives you the odds of winning. The larger the amount, the less of a chance you have. If say that if you use your own envelop to send the papers back with no money...you should get $1.00.

Just for kicks and giggles, I am going to do that, to see what they do. If I get nothing, then shame on me.

I also received this same kind of letter and started checking it out. When I put there names in the search it brought me to this page.

I feel that something should be done and returning there mail in the reply envelope is a good start.

It will cost you a stamp but it will slow down there mail room. I beleived that it is to good to be true also.

i got this and they asked me for a $20.00 fee

I sent a letter to the scammers rather than money, they tried to scam my mother and this was not right. She is all the time getting letters saying she won an they want money to be sent to get what they said she won.

I've decided to stand up against these scammers, and not just comment. What other way can these people be stopped. Help make in known get your money back. Make it be known nations wide on TV NEWS stations in every state.

I sent this letter to the scammers in hopes of stopping them. Commenting on them helps let person know about them and be aware but it doesn't get people money back. The letters an money have to go to address they have to pick up. So why doesn't the government step in to help stop such scams.

Here is the letter sent to them. Stand together and stop these scammers get your money back. Help others get there's. HELLO ADDLESHAW,BIRD & MITCHELL,PMB 130, 1 HEWITT SQUARE, EAST NORTHPORT,NY 11731,OR SHOULD I SAY SCAMMER,ROBERS.THEIVES.SHOULD I GO ON.THE ONLY THING YOU GOT IS YOUR LETTER A STAMP I PUT ON THE ENVOLPE SO I COULD SEND YOUR JUNK BACK AND TO LET YOU KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN TURNED IN AS A SCAMMER.AND WITH THE OTHERS WHO COMMENT ON YOUR SCAM.THE VENGENCE IS MINE SAY THE LORD.AND I PRAY FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE YOU SCAMED THAT IT COMES BACK IN HUNDRED FOLDS THAT YOU LOOSE.YOU THINK YOU PROSPER BUT YOU NEVER WILL.YOU WILL LOOSE IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.YOU HAVE TO LIVE THE SHAME OF TAKEING MONEY FROM EDERLY AND THE MISFORTANAT.BUT IN SAYING ALL I HAVE IM SURE YOU DONT CARE AS YOU SURE DONT HAVE A DESENT BONE IN YOUR BODY ABOUT YOU.AND NO HEART.DIDN YOUR MOTHER OR FATHER TEACH YOU HOW TO BE A DESENT HUMAN BEING.DONT YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO GET OUT AN EARNNNNN A LIVING.HOW WORTHLESS YOU MUST FEEL.BEST THING YOU COULD DO IS RETURN ALL THE MONEY YOU HAVE SCAMED FROM INOCENT PEOPLE AND GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND PRAY FORGIVENES .I WILL NOTIFY THE TV NEWS STATIONS OF THIS LETTER YOU SENT ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHERS SCAM LETTERS THAT HAVE BEEN SENT SO TO GET THIS PUPLISIED IN TV NEWS EVERYWARE.AND BRING UP TO THE ATTENTION OF GOVERMENT TO SOMTHING TO STOP ALOWING THIS SUCH SCAMING TO GO ON.

THIS IS PERSONAL TO ME FOR YOU TRIED TO SCAM MY MOTHER,AND I WILL MAKE SURE THIS GOES NATION WIDE.CAUSE YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN A TERRIST.KEEP Y0UR JUNK.I HAVE CAREFULLY OPEN THIS MAIL TO MAKE SURE FINGER PRINTS CAN BE TAKEN.AN YOU HAVE TO PICK YOUR MAIL UP AT THE ADDRESSES YOUR MAIL GOES BACK TO. PLEASE BY ALL MEANS GO BACK AND PICK YOUR MAIL UP.EACH AND EVEREY PERSON THAT SEND MONEY TO YOU WILL GET MONEY BECAUSE I HAVE FILED A CLASS ACTIONS SUITE ON BEHALF OF ALL THE PERSONS THAT HAVE COMENTED AND WE WILL GET MORE FOR THEY WILL WANT TO NOTIFY THE ATTORNY TO GET THERE MONEY BACK PLUS MORE.

SO KEEP ON SENDING YOU WILL BE CAUGHT AND HAVE TO PAY ALL THE PEOPLE BACK YOU SCAMED.HOPE YOU FIND A REAL JOB AND QUIT SCAMING PEOPLE FOR YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT TPAY ALL THESE PEOPLE BACK YOU HAVE TAKEN FROM.

SIGNED THE IS VENGENCE IS MINE SAYS THE LORD!DO NOT TOUCH MY ANNOINTED!

My mom received one of these letters, too, from Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell saying she won $2,997,500 and for her to send a $20 check to get her "prize". :upset

View more comments (33)
Chicago, Illinois

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article