Monsoon Indian Restaurant Hampton VA changed my tip to double my bill

I visited Monsoon Indian Restaurant in Hampton VA with my sister. Though the Restaurant was nice (formerly Beemer's, owned by VA Tech football coach) I was schocked when my $30 meal became $95. Yes, I tipped them $6 bringing my bill to $36. A few days later I checked my bank account to find the $95 charged to Monsoon. In good faith, I called them rather than doung a charge back with my bank. The manager seemed utterly confused on the phone but finally found my ticket stating I had tipped them $64! I told him that someone wrote the 4 behind my 6 and who would tip 200%? My server was Mahir. He said he would call me back. Finally he did call to tell me it was an honest mistake and what should he do? Really, what should he do? I said please reverse the charges. If it is done within 48 hours I will not call my bank. A few days later the bank showed he had reversed the $64. I called because he said he would reverse the entire bill. I am not trying to get a free meal, but I was out the $64 for 10 days, 10 days they had my money. The honorable thing to do would have been to just reverse the entire meal and speak to Mahir, plus food was expensive and smaller servings than I am accustomed to receivibg at an Indian Restaurant. I will not go back and if you eat there, watch your bank account.

always draw a line from edge of paper to front of total, behind number to edge of paper

-----------------$30.00-------------------------------------tip$-6.00-----------------------

------------------36.00-----------------------

ID
Los Altos Hills, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article