Monroeville KIA Service Center Ripoff

I recently took my 2003 Kia to Monroeville KIA to have a check engine light serviced this is what happened. I was informed that I needed an intake manifold gasket. I had it replaced for around $700. After 100 miles the check engine light came back on, I took it back to the dealership and was told that I needed a new fuel pump, I had just replaced the pump less than two years ago, cost of replacement was $400. After 100 miles the check engine light came back on and I took it back to the dealership. I was informed that I needed more work done to the tune of an addition $500. I asked to speak with the manger of the department and he informed me that there was nothing he could do the car needed work. It's a 2003 KIA Optima with less than 60,000 miles on it. I told him I did not want any more work done by his shop and left. Also it should be noted that the three times I did go to the dealership I pressed very hard to trade in my car and not put a lot of money into it and to use it as a down payment on a new vehicle. I have since taken my car to a local mechanic and for less than $250 dollars had an oxygen sensor replaced and the car runs fine and the check engine light has not come back on. The mechanis was my neighbors son who has a very nice shop. I would definately say do not patonize Monroeville KIA they are not a very trustworthy group.
ID
Hoboken, New Jersey

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article