Monroe Mowers n' More, High Cost, Poor workmanship

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!! They promote themselves as a professional business however this is far from the truth. They misdiagnosed the problem with my machine,charged me for time and parts it did not need, and when I raised a complaint about it the owner of the company got a serious attitude with me about it. I have done business in Monroe for many years as I like to shop local merchants and I have never been treated like this by anyone. As for my equipment it didn't run any better when I got it back from them even with all the parts they installed and charged me for. Long story short, I had someone else take a look at it for me and he found the problem quickly. The shop said it needed a valve job to run right and raise the compression, however the problem turned out to be a partially sheared flywheel key that cost about fifty cents to get. Mower starts fine now usually on the first pull as it is supposed to. I don't like feeling like I was lied to and paid good money for a repair that was not nesessary. I decided to post this complaint to let the company know that dishonest business practices are not acceptable. This is a fairly new company and in my opinion have a lot to learn about the subject of value, expertise, and public relations. Customers support the company and should be treated with respect, not attiude. I am done with this company.

I had a similar experience at the counter, I went in to buy some parts and ask for some technical advice and it was obvious from the conversation with the woman at the counter she had little knowledge mechanics or even the equipmentI needed repaired. I left wondering why would you run a business you know nothing about?

I went over to another shop in snohomish and not only did they know about the equipment, they told me how to solve the problem, sold me the parts I needed, and printed off specific service instructions. Glad to know there is other options besides this company.

I read this and felt I should comment on my experience with this business. I broought a machine in for service,paid a deposit on it.

I told them I didn't want to put much into it. It took several weeks to get it done, I was not prepared for the bill on it. It was over $120.00. I asked why and they said it took more time because of unexpected issues.

I told them I would have just bought a new one if I had known it would cost this much. They offered to reduce the bill by $20.00 on the labor but I needed to pay for the parts which I protested as I didn't authorize this in the first place.They would not work with me on it so I told them to keep it and left.

I have been into this store twice and both times left without what I went in to purchase and in both cases had to go elsewhere. I used to do business with another professional shop in town for years and always received great service and he almost always had the parts I needed on hand.Some of my neighbors have been in there for equipment repairs and have had similar experiences with slow service, not being done when promised and also not fixing things right the first time.I bought what I needed on the other side of Monroe.

View more comments (2)
ID
#320066 Review #320066 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Snohomish, Washington

Monroe Mowers and More Unwilling to help with service issue on site

I called them to request a mechanic come out to fix my mower today before it rained, and was told they don't do repairs at my home but they could come out next week and pick it up to fix it in the shop which would probalbly take a couple of weeks before I got it back. It took 4 calls just to get someone on the phone. That is unacceptable. I called another shop,not only did they send someone out, he had the part, fixed it and my lawn is done now. I guess they didn't want my business.

be brave post your name- I am sorry we do not offer an onsite service tech. The two techs we do have are overloaded with work here at the shop.

We hope to expand our offerings in the future - we have been open for only 6 months and do not need to overload payroll with seldom requested services at this point. But, We have a great pick up and delivery guy!

(regarding time frame feel free to read the other unhappy customer post) I love those customers who bring there stuff in for service during non busy times and we get them returned ASAP. Doing our best as a new company!

Gig Harbor, Washington

Monroe Mowers & More-lousy repair business

Worked on my machine 3 times, still runs like squat, and ordered the wrong parts to fix it with. The owners are very inexperienced, and have lots of excuses as to why its not working. The other issue is they had my machine most of the season so I had to borrow one. My neighbor went in to get some technical help on his machine and was not able to talk with one technician on duty. He was told they don't have time to talk. We won't be a repeat customer to this business.All they wanted to do was sell new equipment. Hope they service those.

I would not recommend this shop for repairing equipment if you are planning on using it this season. I was told it takes 3 to 5 weeks just to even look at it.

#362057

Dear Roger- I am sorry you were unhappy with the bill. There must have been a misunderstanding between what your wife heard and what she told you.

We take the initial deposit, if we cannot fix your unit in an hour plus minimal parts we call you after the first 30 minutes to ok repair. I believe we did just that and it works well at this time. All our counter people say the same thing.

Furthermore we offered to buy the saw from you as we thought it was worth the fix. Stihl saws hold their value, you did well.

I called this business to see if they repaired chainsaws and was told there is a $38.00 charge to diagnose the problem and see what could be done to fix it. If the cost would exceed the $38.00, they would call me to get permission to proceed.

This was reasonable. My wife dropped off the saw the next day. Several days later I received a phone message that the saw was ready to be picked up. I called to get the store hours and since they have short weekday hours, I planned to pick it up on Saturday.

Two days later they called again and left a message that said if I didn't pick up the saw within one week of the first call, I would be charged $10.00 per day for "storage". This I found irritating. It had only been two days since they had first called me and they were already pressuring me. This was completely unnecessary.

When I drop off clothes at the dry cleaners they don't try to coerce me into picking up my things immediately. As the customer the business should be concerned about what is convenient for me, not what is convenient for them. However, this is only a minor complaint I have with this business. The major complaint is that when I went to the store to pick up my chainsaw I was told there would be an additional charge of $64.00.

This was in addition to the $38.00 already charged--a total of $102.00. No one at their office had ever called to get permission to go above the initial $38.00 fee. They offered to drop $10.00 off the bill but the problem with this feeble offer was that the saw is 25 years old. Old saws aren't worth much.

The owner even went so far as to say the saw was worth $85.00. When I pointed out that he was charging me more than what even he thought it was worth, he was at a loss for words. The store was empty of customers on a Saturday morning.

This speaks volumes. Lesson learned.

Dear anonymous- be brave post your name. I am sorry that we had an issue fixing your mower- not sure who you are so i can't comment completely.

Sometimes working on used and older equipment is not the easiest job and we really strive to not have our repair costs exceed the cost of the unit itself.

- therefore we are happy to show you the new equipment we have.- yes we service those...

Tis the busy season on usually have 1 or two techs on duty - good ones are hard to find- and with the busy season and running 3-4 weeks out we try not to disturb them if we can answer the question at the counter.

View more comments (3)
Snohomish, Washington

About

Summary

Monroe Power Equipment Company specializes in garden and lawn products. It was founded in 1989. The company headquarters is based in Covington, Georgia, USA. Monroe Power Equipment Company provides the equipment of the following brands: Cub Cadet, DR Power, Hustler Turf, STIHL, and Troy-Bilt. Customers can purchase Chipper Shredder Vacuums, Garden Tillers, Pressure Washers, Utility Vehicles, and Zero Turn Mowers. The company also has a service department. There are many financial promotions which Monroe Power can offer for new equipment. The company ships products worldwide. It accepts returns within 30 calendar days from the receipt day. Available payment options are Visa, MasterCard and Discover.

Monroe Mowers reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article