Botched axle repair! Unauthorized work!

Mogo Auto Service Center - Botched axle repair! Unauthorized work!
Mogo Auto Service Center - Botched axle repair! Unauthorized work!
Don’t go to this place... I had my front axle replaced last year and started to have the same symptoms as before, just recently. I changed my oil about a week after I noticed the issues coming back and saw the axle was shifted and loose. I took my vehicle back to MOGO and George was very adamant that there was ANYTHING wrong with the VISIBLY LOOSE and already RUSTED axle. I asked for quotes on what his ‘CERTIFIED MASTER MECHANIC’ believed was wrong. I was charged for a FULL INSPECTION of my front end. The owner George took it upon himself, WITHOUT permission, to take my two front tires to a nearby NTB, and got them balanced. He then CHARGED me for it AND the tip he gave the technician at NTB for a service he just got for free. Again... NO PERMISSION WAS GIVEN TO DO ANY WORK TO MY CAR. If THAT wasn’t enough, I was still sure it was the axle causing the problem but George told me to take it to another shop and IF the OTHER shop said the axle was bad, THEN he’d TRY and do something about it. All I got was eye rolls, attitudes and spoken to like I was garbage. I gave up and I took it to Automotive Specialty Services in Avon, Ohio. They told me the axle was improperly installed and was a BAD PART. They had taken it off and showed me how it was internally grinding and binding up which was causing my driving issues. And even though George charged me for a FULL FRONT END INSPECTION, he didn’t tell me that anything else was wrong with my vehicle. But Specialty told me a handful of other things that needed addressed ASAP and showed me everything they had found. At this point I don’t trust anything George has done to my car or what he said was supposedly wrong with it. He hasn’t refunded me for his mechanic’s botched work that was done on my car. His mechanics obviously don’t know what they are doing, he is obviously scamming and cheating people out of their money and doesn’t care about you or your vehicle after he’s able to squeeze as much money out of you as possible. Now I have a $1500 credit card bill to pay off because of this terrible situation.
ID
Westlake, Ohio
Service
Mogo Auto Service Center Car Repair
Pros
  • Cheap price
Cons
  • Unauthorized work
  • Billed for work not done
  • You get scammed
Reason of review
Terrible customer service, defective parts installed improperly on my car making it dangerous to drive, and unauthorized work done to my vehicle.
Loss
Preferred solution
Reimbursement for expense accrued through repair shop to fix the bad work done on my vehicle.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article