Models Melange- NOT honest up front!

This company invited me to their Model Search. I went, brought my snapshot like asked, "auditioned", and waited for a call back. They called the next day and said "Congratulations, you've been picked!" I was happy, set a meeting with the owner, and met with her 2 days after. Once I met with her, it because apparent they wanted money. And a lot of it. $500 within a week, over $3,000.00 within 3 months. All for modeling and acting workshops, where they groom you to send you to IMTA to hopefully find a real agency that likes you. I was polite, thanked her for calling me back and liking me. But I work full time to pay my mortgage and bills and do not have the time or insane amount of money they want in order to do what they want. I wasted my time and effort with these people. Good thing I didn't really get my hopes up! But beware of this company....they "liked" me enough to want my hard-earned money to "maybe" have an agency that will like me and want me to represent them. No thanks.

I've never heard of this agency, but my understanding from research is, a legitimate agency does not charge upfront fees, they get a percentage from your paid gigs.

So how did it work out for you finding another agency that offered classes to prepare you without having to pay anything?

@PissedConsumer1095942

Just for everyone's information, you can work in the industry without having to pay a dime for "classes", "training", etc.

I've been working as a talent through a legitimate agency for 11 years and have never been asked to pay them a dime.

I was warned about places like this while in college (acting major).

#1978778
@PissedConsumer1405968

The Problem I have is finding a legitimate agency that can represent me, can anyone help with that?

Models melange is amazing! I had so much fun with Janet and the group in New York at IMTA!

Yes it does cost quite a bit of money, but it is totally worth it. Thanks to Janet and IMTA, I'm now signed with a New York and LA agency!

If Janet calls you back, go for it! It was the best week of my life!

So was it the money was the problem. Is it a real oppurtunity.

View more comments (5)
ID
Gilbert, Arizona

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article