Pasadena Sound lied to me to get my signature.

I went to Pasadena Sound needing an alarm system for my truck ASAP. I had just moved to an apartment complex and I have all my carpentry tools in my truck. I saw an advertisement in the Recycler from Pasadena Sound which stated " LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEED " The salesman said they could put in the alarm right away and we started talking about a sound system. He was very pushy as he kept telling me the prices he was quoting were great deals and the lowest prices around. I overlooked his arrogance because I needed that alarm in ASAP. I told him I was going to check online when I got home and if they were lying I wanted him to make it right. He agreed and assured me over and over again that they were great deals. He said they offered 0% interest financing with no money down and ran my info which he said was approved. He then presented paperwork to sign saying these needed to be signed to begin work. I signed several papers under the agreement that the work would be completed and approved before the finance company would receive the documents. The last document he tried to get me to sign stated " all work was done satisfactorily" which I did not sign. When I returned at 7:00pm (closing time) my truck was out in front of Pasadena Sound, with only the installer around. He said everyone went home. The alarm system was in the box, on my back seat, not installed !! I couldn’t believe it. They had installed the in dash stereo, speakers, and an amplifier. Which was only part of the sound system. I was told to come back tomorrow. I went home that evening and did some research and found some very disturbing information about this company. The Better Business Bureau rates them an F (the lowest ). The owner has been taken to small claims court many times. And the reviews all over the internet revealed my fears. I began doing more research and found out that they overcharged me considerably. Like almost double !!! I also inspected the installation and realized what a terrible job the installers had done and that I was charged for things I didn't receive. I returned the next day with proof of local competitors prices and they refused to honor their advertised guarantee. I told them I wanted them to take the merchandise back, they refused. They said I signed the papers and was stuck with the deal. The only papers I received from them was an invoice. They never gave me copies of the finance papers. When I asked them to provide copies of the papers I signed, they refused. I have asked again and again for these papers and they refuse to provide them. I paid someone else to install the alarm system and to fix the terrible installation from Pasadena Sound. I have been back to try and negotiate a settlement at least 8 times. Each time they lied and promised this and that but never delivered on anything. After 7 weeks of trying to resolve this nightmare, constantly contacting them , having the credit card company calling me daily because I refuse to pay a cent until an agreement is made. I’m hoping and praying someone can help. You can read reviews about this company at this addy: http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=2062****

I feel like an *** not running some reviews about this *** hole place before going there. Yep, small claim courts sounds just about right, but I doubt it's worth the heartache.

This *** (Eddy or Eddie or Adi) is making a living out of scamming people and you don't do that over so many years by sweating it out.

Customer beware: he will rip you off and you will lose your money and end up with a hefty repair damage. The thing is, an audio installation is only a few hundred bucks, but to repair a busted dashboard and shoddy wiring job, will set you up twice and three times as much. Do yourself a big favor and don't go there.

And if you do, pay with a credit card, keep all receipts and take it up with them once Pasadena Sound comes around screwing you.

They did it to me, they will do it to you too. Guaranteed.

#42072

I am still pissed after 2 years, I am stuck with huge expensive rims that were too big for my toyota to begin with.. they screwed up my speakers so I couldnt get them out of my car when it was totalled..

they screwed up my 'free hid headlights' which were only bulbs.. that theyd given me for being so slow and giving me so much BS. after they ordered the wrong tires, I Came back to get the correct ones ( if correct is 18" for a tiny yaris...') one of my tires was flat that evening... ...

it took all day waiting around for them to take it back to the manufacturer... they repaired it. WTF 1500$ they should have given me a new one!

2 years ago, and i'm still angry.

oh and the 18 months no interest? one card was 12 months no interest..

the other ws 6 months and the company wanted it paid off. Need I say more?

#42071

2 years ago, and i'm still angry.

oh and the 18 months no interest? one card was 12 months no interest..

the other ws 6 months and the company wanted it paid off. Need I say more?

View more comments (2)
ID
Azusa, California
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article