Positive Experience Review

She had very good kittens.I have two and are great. Sorry for your trouble. Just like children some have a problem not seen. She always had them vet check. She after. 31 years is no longer in Cats.
ID

Gail Lyon Fraud

Gail Lyon Sold us a Traditional Burmese kitten who was guaranteed to be healthy. He passed away at the premature age of 4 due to a deformed heart which was caused due to Gail Lyon using *** breeding for 25 years. His heart had one chamber that was twice the size of normal. Gail lyones inceest breeding is an attrocity and has caused us great heart ache and financial loss. She has refused to refund our large purchase price and our over $2000 in Emergency Veterinary Services. She has also refused to admit her *** breeding practices are WRONG.In our opinion she is defrauding the public with false guarantees and selling high priced kittens using false advertising and phony promises. There is such emotional pain involved with the loss of such a deeply loved family pet.

It isn’t *** It’s called “line breeding”. If you want a Burmese you’ll be hard pressed to find one not from line breeding.

There’s a guy, a botanist, who calls himself “doctor” who bashes traditional Burmese lines from any type of line breeding at all.

This post smells like him; has him written all over it. Not that the kitty didn’t die of cardio, just that jumping on the inbreeding bandwagon stinks to high heaven.

I can't believe this! We bought 3 Burmese kittens from her in 2007, 8 and 9.

We have had no trouble at all with their health and this is 2016! I am really sorry for the problems you had with your cat but I have had stray cats from humane society that have had heart problems.

I was hoping to get another kitten from her. When I looked her cattery this is what I found!

We have two lovely kittens we purchased from Gail about 8 years ago. They are perfectly healthy and have never had any problems. Losing a loved family pet is difficult, but finding someone to blame is not the answer.

It's called LINE BREEDING..google it...breeders of all animals do it to improve their bloodlines...if a breeder intentionally and knowing bred animals that were defective, they wouldn't stay in business very long...If you have three children and one has a bad heart, do you put the other two to sleep because they will produce heart defective children...I have bought several cats from Ms Lyon, they are alive and healthly, they have had babies...maybe these people who sent these emails will turn to God for help with their pain of losing their kitten...but sending out slanderus emails will only provide more pain for everyone..

Diana,

The more I think about your email/posting the more upset I am getting. Regardless of how angry you are about losing your cat, you have no right to circulate, via email or any other manner, personal information about Gail Lyons. For one, I would assume the majority of individuals that receive this information "don't care". Which is how I feel, I request no further emails from you regardless of how much you think I need to know about it. This is your problem and it appears to me that you have done everything you can, legally, to remedy your supposed issues. However, now that you have circulated all of this personal information, to heaven knows who, you are slanderous and mean. I guess if that was the result you wanted, then you got it.

How unfortunate you couldn't rise above.....

It is unfortunate that a slanderous post has been made against this breeder. I have SIX cats from her including a cat from the same litter that this woman complains about. My cats are all loving and healthly.

What you need to do is have your veterinarian write a letter that states your burmese had an abnormal heart that was caused by inbreeding. Health issues happen. If your vet didn't detect any heart issues in the past 4 years, I'm assuming you had yearly check ups, then there's no way to say that your pet's heart condition was related to breeding. You can try to blame it on inbreeding, but unless you can prove that a number of cats in your pets line had the same issue, I'd be more inclined to think the problem was just an isolated incident with your cat.

Guarantees for health are only short term. I'm guessing you took your pet to the vet when you purchased it and the doctor found it to be in good health. This doesn't mean that 4 years down the road there won't be a problem and in most cases the breeder can't be held responsible.

If you have a child and on the first exam the doctor finds him healthy, that doesn't mean in 5 years he won't have health issues. Is that a result of inbreeding as well?

By the way, most dog and cat breeders do inbreed to some degree. It's all about the bloodline.

View more comments (6)
ID
Portland, Oregon

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article