Miori, Toronto

Do not shop Miori. Poor customer service. They just want your money so be very sure about your purchase if you choose to shop here. I would not recommend this chain. No refunds, exchange only within 7 days. And if the garment is reduced by 50%, forget it. You are stuck with it. Even if it doesn't fit and can't be altered. The owner Gita is very unreasonable and inflexible. She would rather lose customers than make concessions. She doesn't even have the professionalism to return phone calls. Her store manager at Bloor street was nice and you could see they did not agree with this archaic policy.

I have never shopped at Miori, so I cannot comment on their customer service. However, I have worked in retail for many years and I have to say that I agree with the "credit only" policy in lieu of refunds.

The retail industry loses millions of dollars a year due to customer returns. People will buy items they are not sure of, some will buy items, use them and then try to return them. Still others will keep items for weeks, months, even years (yes, I have seen this), and then want their money back.

I know that people will argue that it is good customer service to refund an item, but if you owned your own company and witnessed the amount of returns - which DOES lead to lost revenue - you would quickly change your tune. Also, please remember that commissioned salespeople are selling to pay their rent, buy food support, their families etc. just like you and I. When you return an item, the salesperson loses his or her commission. Also, individual sale targets are monitored by companies/owners. This also occurs in non-commissioned environments. If a salesperson does not sell a certain amount of dollars per hour, his or her job is on the line.

As previously stated, I have worked in retail for many years. I have seen people lose their jobs because of low sales and high returns. Companies also suffer, and when they do, they cut back on employee hours. Please try to understand this. It is best NOT to buy the item if you are unsure. Take care.

ID
Whitby, Ontario

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article