Unethical Movers

I had an unfortunate experience with a US DOT regulated mover but I wasn't their customer, my neighbors were. Unfortunately because they are based in Ohio and the damage was done in GA I'm not able to file a small claims court action to recover my damages and because I wasn't their customer the US DOT wont accept my complaint neither will the BBB. I've contacted both the GA & OH Attorney General's Offices but it's just crazy that a company like this is able to get away with this because they are "regulated" and based in another state. On July 22nd Mills Van lines moved my neighbor into their house, unfortunately while positioning their truck they jumped the curb in front of my house and did damage to my lawn and driveway. When I contacted Robert Mills he passed me off to a Kelly Mills who informed me they weren't liable because they were regulated by the US DOT. When I informed her the US DOT has no authority over my private property and they (Mills) they had no right to be on my property she had no response. When I asked for her insurance information to file a claim she refused (isn't this illegal?). While finally several months later Rober Mills contacted me (only after I filed complaints with the GA & OH Attorney General's Office, the BBB and the US DOT) to say he needed 5 business days to research and would contact me - guess what, the day he promised he'd contact me has come and gone dispite my repeated attempts to contact him. I filed a claim with my homeowners insurance - I can only assume the $470 Liberty Mutual estimates it'll cost to repair the damage is needed much more by Mills Van Lines than it is by me...it's a shame a nationwide mover (and a franchisee of a very well respected moving line-Allied) is in such a difficult situation and they need to keep hiding from me rather than discussing the matter in an honorable way (especially given the small amounts we're talking about) Not sure I'd trust them with my household goods - I've been moved 5 times professionally and never had an issue with a damage claim however I'm not sure I'd expect the same to happen with Mills as a result of my experience with them
ID
#207499 Review #207499 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cumming, Georgia

About

Summary

Mills Van Lines is a moving company that specializes in huge moving projects, working primarily with corporations, government agencies, executives and also private customers who want to organize intricate moving process professionally.
The company manages complications of every move carefully. It connects every client not only with a team of experienced, well trained movers but first of all with their coordinator who is there to make your moving experience minimally stressful.
Mills Van Lines was founded thirty years ago and has successfully operated in the market Ohio, providing high quality services and creating lasting relationships with many of its clients and employees.

Mills Van Lines reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article