Fake Jewelry

My husband and I were recently in Cozumel, Mexico via Royal Caribbean's Vision of the Seas. We went into Cozumel to shop for gifts and such. We wandered into Joy Millenium and selected 3 pieces of jewelry from the sales associate – (1) Men’s 14k White Gold and Blue Star Sapphire Ring, (1) Ladies 14k White Gold with Diamonds and Tanzanite stones, (1) Pair of Ladies 14k White Gold and Diamond hoop earrings. The sales associate stated the diamond stones were quality VS1. Upon returning to our cruise ship my husband noticed that the ring we just purchased was turning his finger green. We visited the ship’s jewelry store to have them look over the ring and they did verify it was stamped 14k gold on the inside of the ring. They suggested we visit our jeweler upon returning home. My husband had another occasion to wear his new ring. At some point during the few hours he wore the ring he noticed the center Blue Star Sapphire had fallen out. At this point I became suspicious of the quality of the jewelry just purchased. I looked over my receipt for a phone number to contact the merchant but found none. I also Google searched for the merchant and found neither a webpage nor a phone number to contact someone to rectify the situation. I took all three pieces to my local jeweler for him to examine. He did a preliminary review of the pieces and said they were all fake. At that point I decided to have the pieces formally appraised. The rings stamped 14k gold were silver, all the stones were CZ not diamonds as we were told.
ID
Loss

Fake diamond Millenium Jewelry Store Cozumel Mexico

My husband and I were in Cozumel for our 25th wedding anniversary. We were on an island tour and asked our tour guide for someplace to buy new wedding bands. He brought us to Millenium Jewelry - Found beautiful diamond wedding band set. Spent $2000+ . just had it appraised and it's cubic zirconia and not even gold (though it is stamped 14K gold). Paid by CC so I have filed a dispute. Also contacted Apple vacation who made arrangements for our tour. Is there anyone else I can contact? there is no phone number for the store but there is a street address. The store didn't give me any documentation or authentication -- they gave me an envelope and when I opened it later, it was just the credit card receipt with no information on what was purchased

has there been any progress with your dispute? we made our purchases and discovered they were counterfeit in july 2014. Visa said it's very difficult to deal with an international dispute, but we are trying.

I had the exact same situation. I am curious about your cc dispute.

Chase denied my dispute because they did not provide a detailed receipt.

I like you only received a Visa receipt. I am contacting the executive offices at Chase but at this point we are out $1300.

I just bought a $1,300 diamond ring from them with my cc on Friday... Just got home today & planned on getting appraised this week!

I felt sick about the purchase after I was on the boat & couldn't return.

They took the ring from me to size it and when I questioned where it was they showed the man in the corner working on "it" I believe the diamond I inspected was real, but was switched when they had me signing paperwork & calling the bank for approval. These people need to be stopped!

I just bought a ring from there this week & I haven't had it looked at yet but I do have their number. 869-****.

I hope this helps. I will be having my ring looked at this week.

@PissedConsumer811824

I have been dealing with them on a fake tennis bracelet purchased in January of this year. I too used a Visa CC.

Went through the entire process. CC company is not going to cover it.

I am headed back to this store in January and going to raise a little ***. This place is a total sham.

@PissedConsumer922128

well we just came back from a cruise and *** us didnt check reviews before then and my brother bought his wife a new ring (ALL FAKE) We are sick about it, kick some *** for us too!

View more comments (5)
ID
Old Town, Maine
Loss
$2000

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article