Deceptive Advertisement for Car Service

Mike Murphy Ford - Deceptive Advertisement for Car Service
Since I bought my 2018 VW Passat from Mike Murphy Ford, I periodically receive mailings from the dealership regarding routine maintenance SPECIFICALLY for my VW Passat. Recently, I received another flyer with a maintenance coupon attached to it. The program is called the "The Works Vehicle Check-Up." The service is advertised for $64.95 and includes (verbatim): oil change, tire rotation and pressure check, brake inspection, multi-point inspection, fluid top-off, battery test, filter check, and belts and hose check. When I showed up for my appointment, I was told they could not honor the coupon because it was for "Ford only" vehicles. That was Lie #1, the print at the bottom of the coupon says the "Offer is good on most vehicles." When I pointed this out to the service manager, I was then given Lie #2: "The coupon includes only blended-synthetic oil, but my VW Passat takes full synthetic oil." No mention of this is made on the coupon, and I pointed this out to the service representative as well. The coupon only stated, "oil change and up to 5 quarts." When the work was completed, the bill was for $103.00, almost $40.00 more than the advertised price. This is a version of "bait-and-switch" and is a complete fraud. The advertised low price is to lure unsuspecting customers into the dealership for service, but the customer is quickly told they cannot have that price for the service. The service representative couldn't even tell me what the additional cost would be. He said he didn't know what the cost of the "parts" are. I asked, "What parts?" He responded, "the cost of the oil filter." Really??? I wonder how many people have gotten suckered with this fake offer. As far as I'm concerned, I'll never go back for service or anything else at Mike Murphy Ford. I included an older mailing, it's identical to the one I attempted to use except the expiration date is different. This entire thing is really stupid on their part, I've bought a number of cars from them, but will never again. Well Mike Murphy, was swindling me out of $40.00 worth losing a customer?

User's recommendation: Please don't go to Mike Murphy for service especially if you have a coupon.

ID
Morton, Illinois
Cons
  • Over-priced service
Loss
Preferred solution
I would like to see the deceptive mailings stop.

Why I will never buy another ford

I took my car in to mm ford for an oil change, an hour and a half later my car was done, on my way home I noticed my stability light on, I have never seen this light on before, so I called and left a message, in fact I left four messages on two different answering machines and no one called me back, mm ford also did an inspection on my car and found nothing wrong, not getting a response from mm ford I took my car to Sam Leman. they found over 3,500 in necessary repairs, I have never seen a service dept. that wont answer there phone or return calls, the reason my stability light was on, is the idiot who worked on my car knocked the stability sensor off it had to be fixed.
ID
Morton, Illinois
Service
Mike Murphy Ford Customer Care
Pros
  • Location
Cons
  • Poor quality work no customer service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
I only want them to be aware of why they have lost my bussiness and I am letting a lot if people no about my exsperience

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article