Westinghouse Generator Warranty

Purchased a Westinghouse WH7500E generator that required some assembly. Service cord was not included. A $65.00 item that I had to purchase. Called Westinghouse customer service. Was advised by MWE Investments agent, this company handles the warranty, to transport generator to their authorized warranty repair shop in my area. My cost for transporting to and from the shop was $40.00. Generator could not be repaired. MWE agent advised I would need to palletize for return at my expense and labor, which was considerable. In addition, I had to locate and transport a palate, then strap the generator to the palate and move the generator to roadside , twice, for loading. Now, here is where the going gets stressful. Agent advised he was emailing the Bill of Lading to me. I suggested he send this document to the carrier contracted to transport the generator. He refused to do so. I never received the BoL. The carrier came by for the generator, but did not accept because I did not have the BoL. Once again, I suggested agent fax BoL to carrier. Two days later he advised he had complied and the carrier would come back the next day. Next day carrier did not show. Called carrier and was advise no BoL received. Requested carrier agent contact MWE agent and work this out. By this time we are into the 2nd month of getting nothing accomplished except my expense, labor, stress and aggravation. Two days later the carrier came by and accepted the generator for transport. All this time and aggravation could have been avoided had the agent dealt directly with the carrier in the beginning. Warranty indicates customer is responsible for delivering or shipping unit to WH Authorized Service Dealer. This is unacceptable. I was not aware of this inclusion until after delivery. Read the warranty shortly after unit was assembled. Had I been aware of this requirement, would not have purchased. The unit failed due to no fault of mine. MWE should cover all related expenses. MWE owes me $165.00 for expenses and labor , which the company refuses to pay..
ID
Warranty issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article