Midwest Crematory LaPorte,IN.

My husband passed away on Monday at 3:15 am. Midwest crematory was contacted about two weeks prior to his passing & they were told what services we were in need of. I was going to go to pay for it in advance ,but was told that wasn't necessary..... it could be paid for when I picked up his ashes. When he passed they were contacted & they did come to pick him up. My two sons & I went to make the arrangements & they wanted to be paid in full.... which was alright with me although that's not what they previously said. My husband did not want any viewing or services so I let them know I needed an email address in the obituary so friends could contact us to find out when we were having a memorial service to honor him. After I got home I realized I didn't order the announcements so I called them to let them know I did want them to have for the memorial service. I was told since I wasn't having a service there it would be outsourced & it would be an additional $200.00.... to begin with it is all outsourced....they don't do the printing there I was supposed to get an email from them with the proof to edit it before it went to print. After two days of receiving nothing I contacted them. I did get the proof sent to me which I did approve. I did wait for some time to hear back from them. I couldn't wait any longer because of the other things that also had to be taken care of. They called later that day when I was out. I did contact them the next day & told them to place it in the Sunday edition of the paper from the area we were originally from. They put it in the Saturday edition (which I don't know of anyone that goes to buy just a Saturday paper) I did call them to see why they did that & was asked what would it take to resolve the situation....reprint it? I told them yes. She then told me she couldn't do that without consent but it was doubtful that they would approve that. I then told her..... if they did not approve it to please have them call me. A couple of days went by & still no call from them, so I once again called them. Once again I got the run around.... I was told it couldn't go in the next days paper because the deadline had already passed & they made it quite clear I should once again pay for it to be put in the paper. After letting her know this was very upsetting to me we hung up. A little while went by & I called the paper myself the deadline for it to run in the paper the next day was 3:15...... I spoke with the woman at 2:25. So once again I was down right deceived !!!! The way I have been treated by this facility at a time of grief of a loved one is in my opinion very cruel & unprofessional. I hope by posting this I can maybe save someone else from being put through this by them. I think the big problem with the uncaring treatment I received from them was because I didn't use their funeral home. This is unacceptable & hopefully this will get them off of their high horse & start treating people with compassion or get out of that type of business. Another sad thing that was done is they placed my husband in a cardboard box when they got him there & they charged me $150.00 for that. It has been 8 days now & he is still in that box & nothing has been done. I can't even pick up his ashes yet. If this isn't cruel & heartbreaking at a time like this then I don't know what is !!!!!!
#1942324

I am so sorry for what you have been through! I hope it is slowly getting easier.

I lost my husband 5 years ago and am still finding my way. Hopefully by now you have found him a reciprocal better suited to the man you love. Find something meaningful, maybe make something or find a vendor such as someone to make a ceramic urn. My FIL made them for people and pets.

Or if he enjoyed antiques and thrifting, maybe you can find something special.

Anything can be engraved. I hope you are well!

ID
Davenport, Iowa
Service
Midwest Cremation Society Cremation Service
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article