Mid-Ohio Basement Solutions are trouble

Mid-Ohio Basement Solutions in 2010 was an A+ rated BBB organization and we hired them to waterproof our foundation and replace our basement floor. The spring following their work, our basement flooded and continued to seep constantly and flood especially when it rained a dozen or so times though the spring and summer. The owner delayed coming out, disrespected findings of the city dye test and lied to us about permitting of the job. Mid-Ohio wrote repair work would start with work on pipes they did not work on and that by all indications were functioning normally. I could not get Mid-Ohio to give a rational reason those other contractors were wrong, just "I don't care what other contractor's think." It took threat of a city citation to get them to agree to replace the faulty concrete floor. They refused to do a camera inspection unless it was coupled in writing with digging up the front lateral pipes they did not work on. They refused to consider the possibility the drainage problems were at the back and back sides of the house where the seepage was, with pipes that were part of their original contract with us. By their own admission, they did not put the rear footer drain under the Michigan ledge where it was supposed to because the fear the ledge would collapse. A second contractor replaced footer drain under the ledge without the ledge collapsing. We had a contract for parging with cement and tarring the walls, two separate steps, with different materials, cement and tar. Tar was applied directly to the old walls with exposed eroded terra cotta and brick, inconsistent with what was contracted and claimed was done. The driveway basin behind the house that drains to the back corner of the house was never worked on by Mid-Ohio. After Mid-Ohio's work, that driveway basin drain dead ended at the corner of the house because while originally tied in to the downspout drains, Mid-Ohio had re-routed those without tying in the driveway drain, just left it the second contractor repaired that work a few weeks after arbitration. The second contractor completed their install, sealed the walls with parge and then tar, installed properly pitched footer drains including their tunnel under the Michigan ledge, and did nothing with the lateral drains (original construction to the house) that Mid-Ohio claimed they knew was the problem. Following their work, we have a perfectly dry basement with absolutely no need for a sump pump. Please have a look at Mid-Ohio Basement Solutions current BBB profile F with 23 complaints http://www.bbb.org/akron/business-reviews/waterproofing-contractors/mid-ohio-basement-solutions-in-macedonia-oh-18354**** They are backed by the AAA. Read about that organization and its reputation for protecting contractors. I wish I had.

Robert Adkins is the biggest scam artist there is and has been to prison for scamming in the past. You will be happy to know he is on his way back in the near future due to multiple domestic violence convictions this time...I am sure he will be back out and scamming in the next 3 years.

They have not been taken over by another company.Same owner just changed the name to ultra dry waterproofing.Just look up the owner Robert Lee Adkins.Scam artist!!!

I've been duped by them too. From the salesman to the Owner/President.

I have pictures and proof that my basement is not waterproofed.

The warranty is no longer valid or is it since they have popped up again under another name? I think not.

YIKES!! We just signed with Ultra-Dry Waterproofing and they started yesterday. What company can you trust?

mid-ohio is doing business now as ultra-dry waterproofing--see akron bbb report

our problems occurred last year before they went out of business, so they came back a couple times deflecting blame to pipes they did not work on until we had the second contractor do over their the work right. check the bbb, there are ~25 complaints in the last year and they are an F.

If everyone who had problems (BBB would have records) got together maybe a lawyer would take on a class-action type suit against the owner Rob Adkins? I tried to get compensation for all the extra work via the AAA (term on the back of the contract) we had a solid case with photos and witnesses and the AAA behaved as if they were just a *** organization to protect the contractor.

@PissedConsumer485579

Do you mind to provide the name of the second contractor?

@PissedConsumer690106

dansk

EVERDRY BASEMENT WATER PROOFING DID THE SAME AND WORSE. Stay away from that company. Liars, thieves.

How did you get them to return to the job? They never finished my basement and won't return calls.

They are now out of business/taken over by another company. I have more problems whit a wet basement now than I did before I called them.

View more comments (9)
ID
Brecksville, Ohio
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article