Unfinished car restoration

Mickey runs an auto restoration business out of a garage in his back yard. It looks professional. There are lifts and service bays and he has a couple mechanics working for him. After meeting and agreeing on the work to be done I went with Mickeys Classic Restoration to get my car restored. He initially stripped the car down to its chassis and started to do some obvious work to show progress. The quality of the work seemed good. Then the excuses started...bad health, wrong/bad parts and quick side jobs stalled my project for months. Some things had to be replaced because of damaged caused to new parts. Mickey gave me receipts for work he claimed was done but later I found not to be. How he got those I can only speculate. I eventually had to take the car back incomplete and was left to find and pay other shops to fix the bad work Mickey did to my car. One of the things done badly was dangerous and I'm lucky it didn't cause a serious accident. Specifically the steering linkage was installed improperly and fell apart at the next shop while the car was being moved into the service bay. If this had happened on the freeway who knows what would have happened. I also suspect there must be other "victims" with this type of service from Mickey because he never finished a customer car while mine was there. Other cars would come and go but I never saw one finished that didn't belong to Mickey. Do not use Mickeys Classic Restoration if you want to get a safe finished car.
ID
San Ramon, California
Service
Mickeys Classic Restoration Of California Car Restoration
Cons
  • Rip off
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article