Charan C Mpi

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Radnor, Pennsylvania

To make other prospective clients aware

Michelle Wenitsky Interior Design - To make other prospective clients aware

Michelle Wenitsky Interior Design, LLC

I am not sure where to begin so i will just discuss my overall interactions and communications. This is a tale of highs and lows and ups and downs.

Unfortuntately, the disappointment tips the scale and thus the review. I do NOT have lots of time on my hands, so for me to take this time and explain the circumstances... tells the story and perhaps the ending. We understand that all design firms have their own "unique" contracts.

They spell out the contract in mostly broad terms and often not the microscopic aspects when based on time only, or materials only, and so on. Perhaps this is to prepare ( or slightly protect themselves) a client for charges and expenses that become questionnable. First, I will preface this by saying that we have built a few homes and used designers in each home. When we first decided to use a designer to help us with recreating our kitchen after water leak, we were excited to get going.

My wife approached me about using Michelle Wenitsky Design and I obliged. We met with Michelle Wenitsky and we discussed our project and consequently move forward with the firm. Yes we read the contract and yes, we signed the contract. There were some back and forth conversations about the scope of our project as we had all of the contractors that we needed and just wanted them involved in design and furntiure and accessories.

We met with Michelle Wenitsky and then we were introduced to her junior designer.. another Michelle (last name witheld). The principal charges $200/h and junior at $150. Most of communication was with the junior and she "got it" She understood our ideas and was able to translate them to design.

Mostly the communication was with Junior Michelle and we were billed accordingly. Now keep in mind... We are aware that the contract stipulated that there would times that there would be "joint" meetings. This totalled $350/hr.

This is where some of my frustrations started.. Most of our time was with Junior so when we met as a team, it was NOT a great experience. The Principal would ask questions about the project that we had already discussed and we were spinning wheels while we had already discussed the details. This was frustration number 1.

Frustration number 2 happened when we show up at a local plumbing fixture show room. Again... the principal shows up. No Design..

No Notes.. No Nothing. We spend a couple of hours and about 30 minutes with her trying to figure out the layout. More time spent and more money wasted.

By now, I could see that the communications were breaking down and in fact told Michelle W and Michelle that I was frustrated and have never worked with a firm so disorganized... But.. we were in the middle of the project and did not want to start over.. mistake?

Maybe. Frustration number 3... Nickles and dimes... Yep...

this one gets me the most. We paid 25% above the designers cost on everything. It was spelled out and we agreed. Thats not the part the burns me up.

What burns me up is that they charged us everytime they called the manufacturers to get ETA. Emails, phone calls that were part of the purchase and follow up on when we would be receiving our items... Charge, charge and charge. I guess the 25% is just so we get their discount but not actually part of the overall service..

WOW! Just wow. I own a business and if I nickle and dimed my clients every time they called me or my staff to ask the question... not sure they would come back.

And that leads to my last frustration... Number 4. Do you know that when a designer places and order that once it is received that they have to check it out and make sure that it is correct? Retorical question...

We knew that and were charged $500+ for them to check it and make sure it was ok... Here is the kicker... The brought our chairs, charged us to check them out and they didnt even know or remember that they were supposed to swivel until we caught and called them... They did take care of it.

But...

why wasnt that discovered on the "Check Out" and charges to checkout. Never Again!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Had good ideas
Cons:
  • Execution and billings were awful

Preferred solution: Don't need to get anything. Just to warn people of their business dealings.

User's recommendation: Please make sure ypu are FULLY clear on pricing, billings, and who is your lead designer

Unemployment Expert Tips

Experts Tips on Unemployment and Cyber Security

Feb 3, 2020

Can’t verify your identity via ID.me? Andrew Stettner, an unemployment expert, comments on how the ID.me verification process works and the privacy risks involved. Learn how one consumer resolved his issue.

Andrew Stettner
Andrew Stettner

Andrew Stettner is a senior fellow at TheCenturyFoundation and a non-profit leader who shares expert opinion on unemployment benefits and insurance reform.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article