Lazydays sold me a vehicle for which it did not have a title and then blamed the State of Florida

I drove from Canada (4 days) to purchase a vehicle that was advertised as available for purchase from the Tampa dealership. It was the vehicle that specifically met my specifications. I put a $2,000 credit card deposit to reserve it 3 weeks before my trip. My trip and date of delivery were confirmed before I left and I was on the delivery list for the reserved date. Upon completing the transaction papers on the day of delivery, I was told that LD did not have title to the vehicle and this formality was somehow stuck in the Florida licensing bureau. According to the business manager, this issue would be resolved within a week. I could not have the keys to the purchased vehicle because of the legal issues if it was driven off the property. As I had traded-in my previous RV and it was already sold, I lived in my new unit for 7 days, but without being able to drive it. (I will skip the frustration of being a prisoner in my own vehicle in the torrid Florida sun). My planned holiday after the new vehicle's purchase was ruined. A week later, the title had still not been produced by the Florida licensing bureau. Because of previous commitments, I had to return to Canada by a specified date. When I put to LD that my return date was not flexible, I was told that the delay could be up to 3 weeks and that I was a 1/1000 customer who had such an unfortunate experience (!) I could not convince LD to give me a replacement vehicle although there were 2 on the lot that would have suited my purposes. The excuses were that they were not ready for Canadian delivery and that the legal papers could not be prepared until 2 to 3 days later. My only option was to accept their offer to fly back to Canada and have them deliver the vehicle to me close to the Canadian border at a future date when LD obtained the title.I was offered a $1000 Visa card as compensation for my experience and my travel costs. I found LD to be insensitive to my needs that I required a vehicle to return to Canada. Their only concern was making a sale. The consequences on my personal and professional life which I expressed were of little interest. While the failure to obtain the title before I arrived was clearly due to their negligence, they blamed the Florida licensing bureau for their delayed action and the financial consequences that LD would have to incur. because of the delay. When I proposed that the difference between my trade-in and the used vehicle I was purchasing be waived ($6,800), this proposal was met with horror. LD can only make a sale if there is a profit! I had dealt with LD in the past for repairs and that experience had been very positive. However, with this experience, they have lost a client for life. Lesson: The client is treated like royalty when the experience begins; as problems arise, the client gets the runaround and ultimately becomes frustrated and dissatisfied. When the purchase went sour, and at my insistence, my sales person arranged an appointment for me to meet the senior sales manager. I was left waiting over an hour before I met him; truly a lack of respect. He dribbled the company line. I have difficulty believing that the "RV Authority", apparently the biggest dealer in the US, cannot resolve the simplest of issues. This speaks poorly for their management team. With all the other negative comments I have now read online, LD's reputation will eventually catch up with it.

I am very sorry about your experience with Lazydays. I would like to discuss your experience with us. My name is Nadine Barber and I can be reached at 800.626.7800 Extension 4264 or you can email me at nbarber@***.com Again I am very sorry that we let you down.

ID
Tampa, Florida
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article